What are you doing with homebrew today?

At school today so not much. This morning the room In which I keep my brewing stuff was a little cold so the ale with s05 got down to 63/64. Been going for 5 days need temp in the other direction. The Vienna lager getting a diacetyl rest was happy though.
I also ordered a wort Chiller...thanks a lot guys lol

At school today so not much. This morning the room In which I keep my brewing stuff was a little cold so the ale with s05 got down to 63/64. Been going for 5 days need temp in the other direction. The Vienna lager getting a diacetyl rest was happy though.
I also ordered a wort Chiller...thanks a lot guys lol
Haha oh man, we know whose fault that really is (*cough* @Craigerrr *cough*)... :D

I am thinking that I need to get prepared to brew this Friday, but what to bew?
Definitely want to get the Q2 Dummy Piss brewed, but might need to sneak another batch in ahead of that to keep the taps flowing...

Haha oh man, we know whose fault that really is (*cough* @Craigerrr *cough*)... :D
My sincere apologies to Mrs. Hughes for my negative influence on the family finances there Josh...
This doesn't always work for me, but may it will work for you!
"But honey, look at all of the money I am saving not buying commercial beer!!!!!!!"

I am heating strike water for a 1.5 gallon batch of Wayner’s Pale Ale, done BIAB style. I will be using S-04, as called for in the original recipe. Looks like my water is just about ready.

My sincere apologies to Mrs. Hughes for my negative influence on the family finances there Josh...
This doesn't always work for me, but may it will work for you!
"But honey, look at all of the money I am saving not buying commercial beer!!!!!!!"
Told her that a year ago. Problem is she is smarter than me lol.

Looks like a 25 foot unit, should do a great job for your batch size!
The price is right too!

Bingo!
I put my chiller directly into one of the buckets that gets filled up makes cleaning it easier.
I keep the first bucket (the real hot one) for cleaning up the kettle.

Emptied the keg of Bitter so I was going to transfer the Vienna Lager into the keg. Had a touch of sulfur in the sample. Gravity has been stable for 3 days. Guess it needs more time. Less than two weeks so I’m sure that’s it. At least the keg is cleaned, sanitized and ready.

Emptied the keg of Bitter so I was going to transfer the Vienna Lager into the keg. Had a touch of sulfur in the sample. Gravity has been stable for 3 days. Guess it needs more time. Less than two weeks so I’m sure that’s it. At least the keg is cleaned, sanitized and ready.
If you have sulphur in a keg, just vent some CO2 every day or three, it'll mostly dissipate after a week or so. Another advantage of kegs, the head space can be 'replaced' easily enough.

If you have sulphur in a keg, just vent some CO2 every day or three, it'll mostly dissipate after a week or so. Another advantage of kegs, the head space can be 'replaced' easily enough.
I’ll probably go ahead and keg tonight then. Didn’t think about venting. Thanks

Going to test the Hobbit Juice tonight. It’s an Ordinary Bitter, low ABV, because the Hobbits should not be trusted with high gravity ale.
CC5DF0A0-A6A7-46E5-9D62-B4097805916C.jpeg

Back