Water/Grain Ratio

That would probably help with temperature control as well. I had it set at 152° today, and I saw it get as low as 147°, and as high as 161°. They say to expect +/- 3°. My last beer fermented out to 1.004, so I don’t know what to think.

wow yes my temp set up is much more advanced and I keep it at the exact temp, I don't think it will be perfect but will help keep it real close, some people say that get a degree or 2 offset one way or the other, you just compensate with your temp, the real plus is when your pumping you get a much more true reading of the mash

before you buy fittings you should show me the valve out first, it could be 3/8"

@Ozarks Mountain Brew hey are you able to run that 12v pump at boiling temps Oz? Just wondering if it could accomplish a whirlpool. What sort of lifespan have you got outta one of these? Cheers

I have a 1/2 inch hose on the valve.

My plan would be to pump the wort into a copper tube with holes in it that is inserted into the mash.

Yeah, that’s one of the questions asked about the product. Other questions or reviews say they use it for drinking water or homebrew. Some say for years they’ve used it.

I wouldn't, using it for cold water maybe but with hot it will leak plastic slowly into your beer plus I don't think its strong enough to use the center tube to disperse, in a sense you just get channeling, it needs to be a sealed magnetic head

These 12v pumps I'm checking out are around $21 on eBay less fittings hoses and power adapter around 10lt/min 5meter head pressure. By the time you bought all of that would be closer to $50. I can get a magnetic drive March pump from local hombrew store for $75 less fittings and hoses but I'm betting it's a quality piece of equipment that will not conk out half way through a mash or whirlpool:)

if you have the money I would pay for a better pump, you really get what you pay for with pumps, mine are chugger and are about $140

thats what I have but their very loud indoors and weigh about 5 pounds

That’s a big pump!

Still loud, I’m sure. Can it be disassembled for cleaning?

Back