Trialbens Glycol Build.

Noch the gas fitting to clear the thermowell
Yeah will do that. It def won't work
Fit if I have it right way around.
Ive emailed kegland about this just to 1st see if it's possible 2nd to get a bit more information on installing one of these.

I have my thermowell down the middle as well. One thing about chilling liquid, it gets heavier. It should be able measure ok.

I have my thermowell down the middle as well. One thing about chilling liquid, it gets heavier. It should be able measure ok.
Thanks looking forward to getting it installed hopefully this evening when I get home I'll drill them other two holes in the right spot:).

near stupidty
Yeah but not quite. You are a lot smarter than you let on.

A bit of dremel/file/sandpaper/heat on the ring (The part you lift up to make the connection) to cut a small cutout to get some clearance a bit bigger than a gnat's fart will fix that right quick. Then that gas connection is dedicated to that spot though.

EDIT: what @west1m said.

Man you got it goin' on!

Yeah but not quite. You are a lot smarter than you let on.

A bit of dremel/file/sandpaper/heat on the ring (The part you lift up to make the connection) to cut a small cutout to get some clearance a bit bigger than a gnat's fart will fix that right quick. Then that gas connection is dedicated to that spot though.

EDIT: what @west1m said.

Man you got it goin' on!
Yeah you know that gas disconnect collar actually seats on that post so I don't think I'll have any dramas there.
I've rung and emailed kegland and recommended a drilling template to make it easier for future .
The margin for error isn't alot when you consider the flange/shoulder on the glycol bulkheads then you've got the disconnect are much wider than the posts.
This all creates a pressure situation.
I did look over on the Aussie brewer forum and it sounds like they might have plans in the future of welding the coil into the 4 ' tri lid now that would be bloody marvellous.

It's just a case of how many people are doing what I'm doing and running glycol to manage ferm temps

Ah well it's officially Fu#ked now
20220111_161552.jpg

Man I didn't think about these nuts
Ah well looks like I'm ordering another pressure plate:rolleyes:.

Maybe I shoulda got on the HB before doing this lol.

Take two ;);)

Doh! Been there myself.
Depending on what that part costs. I would tighten it. Then grab the dremel and grind till it went on. We aren't talking about needing holding strength on that nut

Doh! Been there myself.
Depending on what that part costs. I would tighten it. Then grab the dremel and grind till it went on. We aren't talking about needing holding strength on that nut
Na man its not fixable sorry to say it's royally Fu#ked the flange on the inside of the keg opening runs right to the edge of the bulkhead.
20220111_161055.jpg

34$ for a new pressure lid I'll order one cop it on the chin and do better next time;).

Well, $34 isnt too bad. I destroyed $250 fermentor over Christmas, lol.

Sat it down full of sanitizer...... right on a piece of angle iron. Punched a hole in it. Now it's garbage

Sat it down full of sanitizer...... right on a piece of angle iron. Punched a hole in it. Now it's garbage
Looks like we all have those Homer moments. DOH! Was bottling yesterday, and the hose came off the spigot on my bottling bucket. TWICE! In the missus' kitchen. Wasted at least two bottles of beer. Oh the humanity!

Ah man that sux it musta been pretty thin walled to puncture the stainless steel.

Oh no. You can't patch it?

Oh no. You can't patch it?
I wish it it were possible I'd tig weld them fittings in and do away with the chunky bulkheads.
But we'll beggers can't be choosers...

Oh woops comment directed at Minibari

Last edited:
I wish it it were possible I'd tig weld them fittings in and do away with the chunky bulkheads.
But we'll buggers can't be choosers...
Silver solder works a treat but needs close tolerances. Almost all my fittings are silver soldered. Even the tri-clamp for the steam condenser and heating elements are silver soldered on.

Cheers all for your sympathy I appreciate it what goes around comes around right.

Anyhow I've ordered another pressure plate so should arive next week.

Back