Smoking, grilling and curing foods, etc.

Time for some Old Forester now. Made up a batch of Memphis Dust thanks to Bob. :) Smoked some ribs using the 3-2-1 method. Finished with rum bbq sauce. Sided with slaw and scones. Pretty damn good. :cool:
upload_2020-7-5_16-59-26.jpeg

Time for some Old Forester now. Made up a batch of Memphis Dust thanks to Bob. :) Smoked some ribs using the 3-2-1 method. Finished with rum bbq sauce. Sided with slaw and scones. Pretty damn good. :cool:
View attachment 10741

Nice looking ribs!
As for the old Forester, I've never met a whiskey that started with "Old" that I didn't like. Remind me the next time we meet up to tell you the story of Old Guckenheimer whiskey.

Looks fantastic! I made up a double batch of @BOB357 tater salad yesterday and it's delicious too.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. I get tired of things that are good, but bland. That salad is my mom's recipe with some changes i've made over the years. My eldest daughter is where the idea of olives and dill pickles comes from, and my wife and I eat more garlic than the law allows, so a lot of it has made its way into this and my mac salads as well.

Sounds great.
Yesterday I spatchcocked a chicken, dry brined for a couple hours, sprinkled with Thyme, Rosemary, Dried Parsley, Black Pepper and Granulated Garlic and grilled at 350F. Picked a couple of bell peppers and some tomatoes this morning. The wife sautéed some zucchini with garlic, peppers and tomatoes. Had some of the chicken and the veggies for supper tonight. Nice light fare for a 100 degree day.

You could be honest and finish with “roll eyes.” ;) But hear ya on the liquid diet.

Back