Smoking, grilling and curing foods, etc.

Don't ask me why I included salt in that recipe. I always pre salt or dry brine, so don't include salt in any of my rubs or seasoning mixes. Hope you enjoy the chicken.
The salt is all good. But since I brined over night and wanted the rub to work all day, it seemed like pulling the salt would be best. Awesome chicken. Thanks Bob.

Some store preseasoned wings and sausage,nothing special. We're camping, it's the best I could do under the circumstances, picture won't upload, not enough bars in the Canadian Wilderness...
20200701_183114.jpg

@BOB357 for your potato salad I see a can of olives. Green or black? Small can?

Spares about to meet fire.
View attachment 10707
I'll be making up beans and tater salad sometime today also.

Lookin' good!

I've got 2 lbs. of Dubliner Irish Cheddar on the smoker right now and my ribs salted and in the fridge. As soon as the cheese is done, the ribs go on. Already made my spud salad, and will warn anyone who saw the recipe, unless you really like garlic, leave out the granulated garlic and just go with the fresh minced.

Lookin' good!

I've got 2 lbs. of Dubliner Irish Cheddar on the smoker right now and my ribs salted and in the fridge. As soon as the cheese is done, the ribs go on. Already made my spud salad, and will warn anyone who saw the recipe, unless you really like garlic, leave out the granulated garlic and just go with the fresh minced.
I do like garlic, but I did cut it back a bit.

Cheese is finished smoking. Did an hour cold smoke with Hickory. It'll mellow out in the fridge for a few days before it's ready to eat.
Dubliner.jpg

The ribs followed the cheese into the smoker, but smoking them with Apple. Made up a big batch of Sweet & Spicy sauce last night. It goes well with the Memphis dust I used on todays ribs. Now I need to make up another batch of the rub too. Almost out.
Ribs.jpg

Just put together some ABTs. Will be putting them on when I fire up the Traeger to finish the ribs. Heating the moinks I made last night to stave off the hunger pains.
ABTs.jpg

Just put together some ABTs. Will be putting them on when I fire up the Traeger to finish the ribs. Heating the moinks I made last night to stave off the hunger pains.
View attachment 10722
Look good BoB. I haven't made ABT's in several years. I'd always do a cream cheese mix and stuff the jalapenos. Do you stuff yours?

Yup. 50/50 cream cheese & sharp cheddar. Also use thick sliced bacon. Never enough baconygoodness.

Cheese is finished smoking. Did an hour cold smoke with Hickory. It'll mellow out in the fridge for a few days before it's ready to eat.
View attachment 10708
The ribs followed the cheese into the smoker, but smoking them with Apple. Made up a big batch of Sweet & Spicy sauce last night. It goes well with the Memphis dust I used on todays ribs. Now I need to make up another batch of the rub too. Almost out.
View attachment 10709

OK, just finished supper. The ribs came out real nice after 3 hours of apple smoke and finishing at 300F wrapped in foil with some butter and honey. Just a light glaze of my sweet & spicy sauce. I'd almost forgotten how good ABTs were, it's been so long. So full I can't even think about an after supper beer.

Ribs.jpg

Nice looking ribs Herm. Normally I'd say they are making me hungry but, even after a long nap, I'm still stuffed from our early supper.

OK, just finished supper. The ribs came out real nice after 3 hours of apple smoke and finishing at 300F wrapped in foil with some butter and honey. Just a light glaze of my sweet & spicy sauce. I'd almost forgotten how good ABTs were, it's been so long. So full I can't even think about an after supper beer.

View attachment 10724
OMG where's the salivating emoji damn That looks good bob!
Glad I've got something roasting this thread today is making me weak at the knees with hunger!
20200705_163643.jpg

Last edited:

Back