Show your DIY Projects

I was donated some cellar boards last week and found I had a dozen working gas motors so made this as a test/experiment.

It's a cleaning loop running off compressed air. I can clean 3 kegs at a time now plus my beer lines without consuming any CO2

Loop.JPG

Make sure you have got some really good filtration on your compressed air. Even "oiless" compressors pass some oil into the air.

The air just runs the gas pump, never comes into contact with anything being pumped; a very clever little item. I have an airline there that I can purge kegs with but they're all sanitised with Perbac as a final step anyway.

Those motors are very common in pubs over here.

That would work well.

Love the way that stuff really brings out natural colors in wood. Even old ugly southern yellow pine is pretty with a good coat of urethane on it. A good red oak heart will turn nearly blood red, and so will cedar. WC, what kinda wood did you make that with? Looks pretty dense grained.

Waddaya do to make the bees wax permanent and seal up the wood completely? Would you warm the wood in an oven or something to make the wax really soak into the wood? I like natural approaches too.

I only use it on metal projects for anti-rust so I'm not really sure.

WC, what kinda wood did you make that with? Looks pretty dense grained.

I think it's beech...it's really light and soft but not sappy like pine. I think I have some exterior paint in the cellar.

Back