Brewing With Total Confidence
Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Brewing Photos & Videos' started by Yooper, Apr 21, 2018.
Been there! I love that yeast!
Centennial Blonde just chuggin' away. Fermcap-S would have prevented that mess.
Homebrew with homemade labels
Only a week in the bottle. Looks great to me but there is an off flavor -
Diactyl in Hefeweizen?
Wasn't there before I bottled it... Sanitization was top notch... I did use a Spiese method for bottling but I did boil the Spiese for ten minutes and then cooled before pitching... Do you think that it is just the early work of the yeast on fresh wort? Might it clear up in a couple weeks? I plan to bring it to a wedding but not if it tastes like butterscotch.
--- It isn't undrinkable, just a hefe with a butterscotch flavor. --- Hoping it clears up - sitting in a closet in the 70's right now.
It's way to early... yeast are reproducing things are going on... don't touch it for 3 weeks four is even better
I was hoping someone would say this! Four weeks until the wedding.
3.8% Session Beer
Munich Dark and Special B for the malt - Citra for the hops.
That is one nice looking beer!
Looks like Leah is a lucky lady!
Dang! Never gave much thought to labels... Hate scraping them. Those look great though and make me reconsider!
50/50 Elmer's Glue and water... paint the back of the label with a small paint brush... To remove just wet with water and they come right off
Designed the labels in Photoshop... set them 4 up on a single 8.5x11 canvas... saved as .pdf put on thumb drive and laser printed at local office supply store cut with x acto blade.
Sweet man. Sounds too easy! I just recently used Mandarina Bavaria hops myself in a Marzen btw. Nice hop.
What yeast did you use in the honey wheat? A clean american?
LHBS didn't have "Wyeast 1010" so I used "WLP320 American Hefeweizen Ale Yeast" It was one of those experimental beers that came out crazy good...
In the boil was "Willamette" @ 60 min and "Cascade" @ 15...
5 days into fermentation I dry hoped for 3 days with 20 gram of Mandarina Bavaria and added another 0.25 pound of honey with 2 Tbs of DME and a little boiled water to melt the honey which kicked off another fermentation for a week... this thing cooked for three weeks
Cold crashed and conditioned for one week then bottled @ 3.2 with table sugar and conditioned for another three weeks... All my brews are 10 liters BIAB all grain... I give most of my beer away to USAF service members and they were asking for more... I need to brew this again
Linky>> All Grain American Honey Wheat