Show us your Homebrew!

WLP300
img_1559.jpg
Been there! I love that yeast!

Hefeweizen 2018.jpg

Only a week in the bottle. Looks great to me but there is an off flavor -

Diactyl in Hefeweizen?

Wasn't there before I bottled it... Sanitization was top notch... I did use a Spiese method for bottling but I did boil the Spiese for ten minutes and then cooled before pitching... Do you think that it is just the early work of the yeast on fresh wort? Might it clear up in a couple weeks? I plan to bring it to a wedding but not if it tastes like butterscotch.
--- It isn't undrinkable, just a hefe with a butterscotch flavor. --- Hoping it clears up - sitting in a closet in the 70's right now.

It's way to early... yeast are reproducing things are going on... don't touch it for 3 weeks four is even better

It's way to early... yeast are reproducing things are going on... don't touch it for 3 weeks four is even better
I was hoping someone would say this! Four weeks until the wedding. :)

Dang! Never gave much thought to labels... Hate scraping them. Those look great though and make me reconsider!

Dang! Never gave much thought to labels... Hate scraping them. Those look great though and make me reconsider!
50/50 Elmer's Glue and water... paint the back of the label with a small paint brush... To remove just wet with water and they come right off

Designed the labels in Photoshop... set them 4 up on a single 8.5x11 canvas... saved as .pdf put on thumb drive and laser printed at local office supply store cut with x acto blade.

50/50 Elmer's Glue and water... paint the back of the label with a small paint brush... To remove just wet with water and they come right off
Sweet man. Sounds too easy! I just recently used Mandarina Bavaria hops myself in a Marzen btw. Nice hop.
What yeast did you use in the honey wheat? A clean american?

Sweet man. Sounds too easy! I just recently used Mandarina Bavaria hops myself in a Marzen btw. Nice hop.
What yeast did you use in the honey wheat? A clean american?
LHBS didn't have "Wyeast 1010" so I used "WLP320 American Hefeweizen Ale Yeast" It was one of those experimental beers that came out crazy good...

In the boil was "Willamette" @ 60 min and "Cascade" @ 15...

5 days into fermentation I dry hoped for 3 days with 20 gram of Mandarina Bavaria and added another 0.25 pound of honey with 2 Tbs of DME and a little boiled water to melt the honey which kicked off another fermentation for a week... this thing cooked for three weeks

Cold crashed and conditioned for one week then bottled @ 3.2 with table sugar and conditioned for another three weeks... All my brews are 10 liters BIAB all grain... I give most of my beer away to USAF service members and they were asking for more... I need to brew this again

Linky>> All Grain American Honey Wheat

Back