Show us your boil

ha ha this is so true, i have a list of stuff that i "NEED", but like Megary says I dont really its just nice to have.
Megary is right: You don't need it to brew great beer. Now let me go adjust that PID controller on my mash tun one more time....
It's like fishing: Fish you catch costs on average $150 per pound. You still fish. Brewing is the same. I can buy great craft beer here in Colorado but enjoy the process of making it and making each batch marginally better.

Megary is right: You don't need it to brew great beer. Now let me go adjust that PID controller on my mash tun one more time....
It's like fishing: Fish you catch costs on average $150 per pound. You still fish. Brewing is the same. I can buy great craft beer here in Colorado but enjoy the process of making it and making each batch marginally better.

:) i like gadgets too!, so I get to enjoy playing with them and making beer in the process.
On the subject of gadget what's the best temperature controlled stainless mash tun?

:) i like gadgets too!, so I get to enjoy playing with them and making beer in the process.
On the subject of gadget what's the best temperature controlled stainless mash tun?
Mine's a ten gallon Igloo cooler with a RIMS system attached.

Mine was a 65L coleman chest cooler with a mash bag.

image.jpg
Herm’s BelWit II starts boiling.

My latest boiling event.
Just before boil starts - note the oils coming out of the early addition hops:
upload_2020-8-5_19-15-15.png

Finally got going
upload_2020-8-5_19-16-30.png

Post boil. The clearest I have ever got a brew..
upload_2020-8-5_19-18-53.png

Okay, so you did use the high color pale. I always wondered what difference that addition makes vs all 2-row other than a little color.
I did. My understanding is a bit richer malt flavor with , bread, bisquity tones. Doubt my pallet is refined enough to tell the difference:D

That looks great thunder - both the boil and the grain bill. I might scale that to something to brew some day soon. I like using US Pale Ale Malt (3.4*L) as my base malt in many of my brews, along with just a bit of acidulated malt. It creates a slightly colored beer with just some malt flavor.

The Brewzilla didn't take too overly long to come to a boil, the boil is very gentle, suppose thatis fine. Fairly relaxing brew day on the new machine, so far the only "heavy work" was filling it with bottled RO water from jug sand lifting the grain basket out.
20200815_095721.jpg

The Brewzilla didn't take too overly long to come to a boil, the boil is very gentle, suppose thatis fine. Fairly relaxing brew day on the new machine, so far the only "heavy work" was filling it with bottled RO water from jug sand lifting the grain basket out.
View attachment 11388
Haha, that's about what you get! I've adjusted my boil time to where I think it works just about spot on with my Grainfather. I do this extra boil time without entering it into my recipes so it doesn't play with my water volumes. I basically do a 75 minute boil and start my timer at 60. Sure there are better ways to accomplish this, but it's been simple enough for me to do manually.

That looks great thunder - both the boil and the grain bill. I might scale that to something to brew some day soon. I like using US Pale Ale Malt (3.4*L) as my base malt in many of my brews, along with just a bit of acidulated malt. It creates a slightly colored beer with just some malt flavor.

The recipe is actually for a Bell's Two Hearted clone. One of my favorite beers. All centennial hops. I got the recipe from an issue of Zymurgy. The recipe is available for free on the www. I can post a link if anyone is interested.

COVID Operation NEIPA, for this batch though it will be called Groomzilla to go with the Bridezilla for my son's friends engagement part. I have a couple of helpers this morning to do the grunt work!
20200823_100917.jpg

Back