Show us your boil

Coffee Porter
I can't believe how much I missed my gravity by! 1059 - 1036! Hydrometer,and refractometer agree, so not an I instrument issue.
Added all the DME I had on hand and brought it up to 1040, going to boil it down to 8.5 gallons (from 11.8) to get to 1052. That will give me about 5%, that will be respectable. It just won't be the robust porter I expected.
Anyway it looks and smells lovely!
View attachment 10331
Certainly looks fantastic!

Finally! Pelican Pale Ale just before flameout.

Boil.jpg

I had some weird results my brew a couple weeks ago too where I ended up with weirdly low OG but way more liquid than I expected. So clearly someone got into my brew when I wasn't watching and sabotaged it.

Nice paddle.
Shouldn’t the lid be kept off the pot during the boil?

Thanks, my neighbor makes them. He stopped by one day and said: "try this out, we're thinking of making them."

That doodad with the water line as Ben says is a steam condenser. It creates a slight vacuum in the kettle and all the steam goes down the effluent line.

About half way through my first 90 minute boil in the Digiboil. Made a few volume adjustments to try and pick up my efficiency. Mash efficiency is great, but looking for a few more points in BHE.
Also, first time using Bravo for bittering. Man, do they smell good!
Half way through.jpg

Back