Session IPA?

If you were going for a normal, American Pale Ale or normal, Session IPA, then yes, something closer to an S-05.
I haven't used that yeast, but I have used the White Labs Coastal Haze. I was going for something closer to a New England when I used Coastal Haze, and I loved what it did around 70F. I wouldn't use something like that if I did not want some juicy esters.
I thought I missed a little on the hops for mine. I loved the hop combination that I used (Cascade/Mosaic), but I should have gone a few more IBUs too.
I guess that is why we tweak recipes the second time around:)

I noticed the style is 'APA', not 'IPA'. I think the hops may be confused or the style is confused. I usually use Cascade for my APA for that clean taste. The hop bill seems very complicated, is that on purpose? I feel like that magnum comes out of left field and may be left out completely. IMO change the style or go with a more traditional American hop profile :D

I noticed the style is 'APA', not 'IPA'. I think the hops may be confused or the style is confused. I usually use Cascade for my APA for that clean taste. The hop bill seems very complicated, is that on purpose? I feel like that magnum comes out of left field and may be left out completely. IMO change the style or go with a more traditional American hop profile :D
Yeah I don’t think you understand what I was going for.Have you heard of session ipa?

The magnum is to boost up the bitterness in a clean way since I didn’t get there with my late hop additions. I list it as an APA because “session IPA” isn’t a recognized style though tons of breweries make them. It helped me dial in my specs to a certain extent.

The beer turned out great and with a few tweaks it could be a great “session ipa”. I’m going for new school which automatically eliminates cascade which you noted would be a good choice. The hops I used are perfectly suited for American style hoppy beers.

cheers

Small pour. Light haze. More a deep gold in a pint glass. Delish but could be better. Cheers!

Attachments

• ED60A347-4D7F-4650-A0C5-475B8B857D15.jpeg
    ED60A347-4D7F-4650-A0C5-475B8B857D15.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 26
Yeah I don’t think you understand what I was going for.Have you heard of session ipa?

The magnum is to boost up the bitterness in a clean way since I didn’t get there with my late hop additions. I list it as an APA because “session IPA” isn’t a recognized style though tons of breweries make them. It helped me dial in my specs to a certain extent.

The beer turned out great and with a few tweaks it could be a great “session ipa”. I’m going for new school which automatically eliminates cascade which you noted would be a good choice. The hops I used are perfectly suited for American style hoppy beers.

cheers

Ahh ok! It's just not a recognized style in the builder here? Sounds like we need a new style added to the builder! That sure confused me.

Sorry, I can be a dick…

A session Ipa is basically a low abv ipa. It’s hard to find the right balance because you can easily make hop water. It supposed to have more hop character and less abv than a pale ale from the examples I have however that’s relative I suppose. Mine could use some tweaks hop wise but it’s worth trying again…

cheers!

Sorry, I can be a dick…

A session Ipa is basically a low abv ipa. It’s hard to find the right balance because you can easily make hop water. It supposed to have more hop character and less abv than a pale ale from the examples I have however that’s relative I suppose. Mine could use some tweaks hop wise but it’s worth trying again…

cheers!

I asked them to add Session IPA to the builder because it is a recognized style as far as I can tell.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/threads/bjcp-releases-2021-beer-style-guidelines.15264/

Small pour. Light haze. More a deep gold in a pint glass. Delish but could be better. Cheers!
That beer has a great head and it looks really nice. To me, the only difference in a Pale Ale and an IPA - usually - is the mouthfeel, the amount of hops/and or IBUs, and usually the alcohol. Of course, the session puts it in no man's land and can go either way.
It really doesn't matter, the beer looks good, and you like it:)
I'm rather fond of Cascade and could easily do another all Cascade Pale Ale/IPA, or whatever LOL.
We all have different likes, and I'm glad you found something that works for you. I would probably like it too.

Back