BJCP Releases 2021 Beer Style Guidelines

dmtaylor

Lifetime Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I imagine someone at some point will want to see the tweaked specs for styles uploaded to Brewers Friend. Just released this morning on BJCP.org. I myself am only just beginning to review the changes. Best way I can see what's what is to download both 2015 and 2021 in Word, then run a Compare tool to see what actually changed. I'm wading through it right now.

https://www.bjcp.org/news/bjcp-rele...rus6n_6anxVMwrYE7xu__h0Yxwxdom6JKGrNmS-1RmVis

Thanks @dmtaylor!

A lot of the changes regarding sour, Brett, and mixed fermentation styles were a result of a group out of the milk the funk brewer group which I was happy to make small contributions to with Dan and the rest of the MTF team. Glad to see it finally released officially!

I've opened a ticket, now that it's released with a full style guide and whatnot I'll slip it into our update timeline.

Thanks for this. Looking forward to reading up.

Thanks @dmtaylor!

A lot of the changes regarding sour, Brett, and mixed fermentation styles were a result of a group out of the milk the funk brewer group which I was happy to make small contributions to with Dan and the rest of the MTF team. Glad to see it finally released officially!

I've opened a ticket, now that it's released with a full style guide and whatnot I'll slip it into our update timeline.
@Pricelessbrewing Any update on the updated timeline? Thanks

I noticed Session IPA is a recognized 'Specialty IPA' in this guide but it's not available in the builder. Can we get it added?
Page 39:
A Session IPA is a 21B Specialty IPA with a base style of 21A American IPA with Session strength. A Double IPA is Category 22A not 21B.

I noticed Session IPA is a recognized 'Specialty IPA' in this guide but it's not available in the builder. Can we get it added?
Page 39:
A Session IPA is a 21B Specialty IPA with a base style of 21A American IPA with Session strength. A Double IPA is Category 22A not 21B.
@Pricelessbrewing may be able to help

Back