Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (boulardi).

There's no way that the Boulardi is a clean monoculture. No doubt you've got any number of other organisms in the mix.
Well it seems to Me JA looking back at it from this end of the exbeeriment that you knew all along;).
I think a healthy dose of optamism is good for the experimental homebrewer and forums like this help to bring ones wild hombrew imaginations back down to earth:).
But I'm not quite done faffing with Boulardi yet I'll do a boulardi only brew next and see where that gets me and if that stinks also I'll hang up me boots on this one.
I do still have half a bottle it sitting in the keezer I might have another try this arvo just to be sure to be sure Laddie.

A bit more hops in the next experiment will go some way to cleaning up any lacto in the blend. That's probably a likely candidate from a health food company doing yeast.

A bit more hops in the next experiment will go some way to cleaning up any lacto in the blend. That's probably a likely candidate from a health food company doing yeast.
Cheers yeah this beer was is a super lite version it's an effort to get a clean bevy I think at 3.5% abv let alone get it right at that percentage. I'll up the grist next go around and hops too.

I do still have half a bottle it sitting in the keezer I might have another try this arvo just to be sure to be sure Laddie.
What you may find is that with a little aging you'll have a nice brett/sour that exhibits interesting character instead of being off-flavored. There are plenty of interesting esters that come about as other molecules are metabolized. Sometimes that odd flavor note will mature into something completely different an quite drinkable. ;)

This is a Nobel prize in chemistry, if ever there was. I'll send in the nomination.

This is a Nobel prize in chemistry, if ever there was. I'll send in the nomination.
Amen brother can't think of a more nobel cause testing out different yeast strains for suitability in craft beer/hombrew all in the name of global peace;).

Revisiting this boulardi beer this arvo and I must say that it's calmed down a bit in a days I've left it settle. It's a different beer to the main batch for sure but now it's not just "Ah dam funk it it's infected" it's mellowed into a drinkable beverage.
The nose has no hops at all.
It's got a yeasty doughy type thing and still reminisnt of that saison spice type almost bannana ry thing. It's actually got a much fuller body than the main batch is fuller it's even rounder sorta creamy doughy minute spicey phenolic pepery. Def more to my limited funk beer background a saison yeasty beer.

To look at it's remained hazy it keeps a thin film of head.
Nope I'm so happy I had another tasting I was wrong this has some merit for sure. It's far from clean it tests your "is that ok" boundaries but I'm actually going to drink it all so something in it is drawing me back:rolleyes:! (It's alcoholic lol.
But remember this is super light 3.5% abv it didn't attenuate through the floor There's no vinigary sourness more phenolic maybe if you wanna go there slightly medicinal.

Cheers there is a future yet for this boulardi in my brewery life...
I recon a wheat beer grist would def compliment this yeast. I'll go straight %100 boulardi next. Watch this space!
20191113_174526.jpg

Would I brew a full batch oh no no no still more to be worked out here
Anyone else have some boulardi brew visions out there:p:p:D!

Back