Random thought for the day

I had to look this up (on my personal smartphone, not the company laptop :)). So other's don't have to risk corporate HR: Apparently it's a slang term for a market that has many competing participants but has almost no barriers for entry. I can see why the term came about. Surprised it's still being used.

I had to look this up (on my personal smartphone, not the company laptop :)). So other's don't have to risk corporate HR: Apparently it's a slang term for a market that has many competing participants but has almost no barriers for entry. I can see why the term came about. Surprised it's still being used.
He's an old fashioned kind of guy :D not the only colorful language he used during our meeting

The wife has been very sick. Looking at the RX labels lately, why is it necessary they tell to take your medication by mouth? Are they afraid someone is going to stick it up their ass and sue the pharmacy?
Yes they are worried. I worked in a hospital and people put all kinds of stuff up their azz

The wife has been very sick. Looking at the RX labels lately, why is it necessary they tell to take your medication by mouth? Are they afraid someone is going to stick it up their ass and sue the pharmacy?
Blame the lawyers. If you hurt yourself and were not warned, the entity failing to warn can be liable. The bigger the company, the dumber the warnings.

I have a medication that comes in gelatin capsules, as many medicines do, but this is definitely NOT to be ingested by mouth, instead open the capsule and empty the contents into some sterile water for nasal irrigation. So even though it looks like something to take orally, it isn't.

Better safe with a "stupid" warning than injured by a misunderstanding.

I hope I didn't offend any lawyers out there. Some of my best friends are lawyers...

Total different random thought...
Do you eat pasta or rice dishes with knive and fork or spoon and fork?

I use a spoon and fork and I'm always taken aback when I go somewhere and get knive and fork for a rice dish.
It happens even in the Indian and Thai restaurants here and I generally end up stealing the serving spoon....

Total different random thought...
Do you eat pasta or rice dishes with knive and fork or spoon and fork?

I use a spoon and fork and I'm always taken aback when I go somewhere and get knive and fork for a rice dish.
It happens even in the Indian and Thai restaurants here and I generally end up stealing the serving spoon....
Depends. Fork, always.
Knife for small stuff - not to cut it, but as a pusher, pushing it on to the fork when there is not much left.
Spoon for long stuff - so you can twirl it onto the fork. But, in the last decade or so, I've not used the spoon, just twirl on the plate, is enough.

My condolances

Your grandfather and your family will be in my prayers Tim.

Lost my Grandpa Bulin this week, knew that it was coming for a while now, but, you know, he’s always been there for all of my 49 years. One of the finest men I’ve ever known and I’m going to miss him.
Sorry to hear Tim sounds like someone you really looked up too.

Could anyone explain this one to me?
Why do we park in a Driveway, and drive on a Parkway?

Back