Random Photos.

Close enough?
eae9d16c5b9be5d154814bbe21e04a18.jpg

80 today. Been running air some for a while though. Back and forth air and heat

80 today. Been running air some for a while though. Back and forth air and heat
So how can you even that out over the day/night cycle?

I check the weather prediction. If tomorrow is going to be hot, I open the windows at night to cool the house down a bit, target mid-60s. Then we shut the windows mid-morning and draw all the curtains, keeping the house cool until dinner time. Then we suffer 2-3 hours, until outside gets cooler than inside again, and repeat.

Works great this time of year. Once the humidity kicks in, A/C 24-7 all the way.

Ideally, houses would have a thermal storage system good for weeks of temperature moderation: several hundred tons of stone, underground, with pipes embedded. Or something. The Europeans have the idea, building houses of stone, which moderate interior temperatures. Crazy expensive in the US. But, wood houses are crazy expensive in, say, Germany.

Here's half of my pipes:

View attachment 25334
Nice. Did you bury the guys too (Sicilian-style) or set them free after? :rolleyes:
Actually, at that depth (over 6 feet) it is great for summer (54 F, cool) or winter (54 F, warmer). And likely the heat pumped in during the summer helps improve that equation. Vice-versa in winter.

Nice. Did you bury the guys too (Sicilian-style) or set them free after? :rolleyes:
I'll never talk.

There's a 5 ton heat pump connected to the loops. The liquid is 15% alcohol! At the end of winter the temperature of the loop is in the low 20's F (-6 C). So I heat with freezing water. The heat pump also has a desuperheater that we pump potable water through and store in a DHW tank. When the heat pump runs all the time in the winter that water's pretty hot in the morning. We feed that into an on demand unit. Which helps because our water coming from Lake Superior in the winter is close to freezing.

Smoko spot today on Noosa River
20230511_104450.jpg

That's the heads over thar yonder.

This is one clean river
20230511_104500.jpg

That's back up river towards Tewantin on the bend way back nice Quintex too:p
20230511_104908.jpg

See all them little fishes brim I believe their enjoying some of my lunch.

The other side of the bank over there is Noosa North Shore (remember that ferry trip). Well not many houses over there you can drive up the beach there all the way past double Island Point to Rainbow Beach.

If ever you come to the Sunny coast This area is a great spot to visit.

Actually thier one of the best local Craft Lager breweries are located here Heads of Noosa
https://www.headsofnoosa.com.au/

They make some crisp clean thirst quenching Japanese style lager.

IMG_2521.jpeg
IMG_2524.jpeg
Today after stopping for brunch in Springfield, my wife and I drove up the McKenzie River for a hike to Blue Pool. Amazing that the river emerges from the ground at Blue Pool, then becomes the raging torrent seen in the first picture. It was a hot and muggy day, along with some smoke in the air. Lots of people out on the trail on what seemed like a mid Summer day.

That's pretty cool Herm.
That is the source of my drinking and brewing water. The initial source is a little further up the drainage at Clear Lake, where springs bubble from underground on the slopes of Mt. Washington. Stunning volcanic landscapes with towering conifers.

Random enough??

Attachments

• 6E44AA28-912F-46B3-A5D2-91E3CA87AB80.jpeg
    6E44AA28-912F-46B3-A5D2-91E3CA87AB80.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 28

Back