Q3 2021 Brewersfriend Community Recipie.

What temp did you guys ferment? I’m using K97. Sitting at 64 now.

Mine was 21c under 10psi pressure not within the year recommended range but was all I could get it down to without temp control it was under A few psi so I'm sure that compensated it.

Mine was 21c under 10psi pressure not within the year recommended range but was all I could get it down to without temp control it was under A few psi so I'm sure that compensated it.
I waited until fermentation started then closed it off. Sounds like I’m doing it like you did. I’ll be letting it get to the upper 60’s.

Good to know on attenuation Ben. It was down to 1.022 this morning. Started at 1.031. My keg wasn’t sealed great so not sure I got a lot in the way of pressure until this morning.

Had a little much pressure when I got home so I released some. Sulphur was strong. Reminded me of 34/70 some. Just not this early. Down to 1.015

Had a little much pressure when I got home so I released some. Sulphur was strong. Reminded me of 34/70 some. Just not this early. Down to 1.015
Yeah I had a tad of sulphur its dissipated now I suppose it just mustant like that bit of head pressure

I am also using K97 and am currently fermenting it around 66° F (19° C).
It gets fruity at higher temperatures. I generally ferment with it at around 60 degrees then let it rise after half of the sugar is gone to dry the beer out.

It gets fruity at higher temperatures. I generally ferment with it at around 60 degrees then let it rise after half of the sugar is gone to dry the beer out.
Not used it before. If fruity hopefully it sits well with it

8/3 OG was 1.036, let her roll until FG hit 1.007 on the 19th. I came up a bit short as the K-97 was churning & I hadn't used a Blow Off hose. Messy conditioning box & only 4ish gallons into Secondary. Ferm temp was 62 for 3 days allow to rise to 72 F for 3 days hold until FG reached.
Cold crashed for 5 days, moved to keg & carbed to 3 vols. Higher carb than I've used before. Another 1st for me with this brew.
Assorted intrusions from Real Life delayed samples until today. (Pause) Hooked up Picnic Tap but didn't notice it was open. Found that when I got a spray across the chest. Got it under control but Fridge was a mess. When I got back upstairs, the Queen asked about the smoky smell.
It's Hazy & a light Straw in color. Tight beadie white head. Smoky aroma but not bacon. It's been in the keg a week & I'm hoping the taste will mature with a little more time. Most all my brews get a lot better after a couple of weeks.
The longer it sits the better it gets.

8/3 OG was 1.036, let her roll until FG hit 1.007 on the 19th. I came up a bit short as the K-97 was churning & I hadn't used a Blow Off hose. Messy conditioning box & only 4ish gallons into Secondary. Ferm temp was 62 for 3 days allow to rise to 72 F for 3 days hold until FG reached.
Cold crashed for 5 days, moved to keg & carbed to 3 vols. Higher carb than I've used before. Another 1st for me with this brew.
Assorted intrusions from Real Life delayed samples until today. (Pause) Hooked up Picnic Tap but didn't notice it was open. Found that when I got a spray across the chest. Got it under control but Fridge was a mess. When I got back upstairs, the Queen asked about the smoky smell.
It's Hazy & a light Straw in color. Tight beadie white head. Smoky aroma but not bacon. It's been in the keg a week & I'm hoping the taste will mature with a little more time. Most all my brews get a lot better after a couple of weeks.
The longer it sits the better it gets.
Picnic tap Stikes again lol! sorry:rolleyes:

1.013 now. Hopefully it gets that last few points.

Rough photo sorry but this is the last one
20210917_154343.jpg

Yup keg kicked hence the extra murk in the glass but I proudly guzzled it down and wiped me lip in honour of another proud and true BFC recipe brew :D!

Well fellow brewers I thought hey! Why not announce the final BFC beer for the year LIVE on the monthly Zoom Sesh!???

Yeah to round out a wonderful year of Solid BFC beers with a bit of excitement why not get little Matilda to draw it live on the last weekend of the month:).

Cool bit of a teaser and a great way to round out the Quarterly Brewersfriend Recipe year for 2021;);).

Cheers @Nosybear for your beer mate i really enjoyed researching it and brewing it but most of all drinking it!

Well fellow brewers I thought hey! Why not announce the final BFC beer for the year LIVE on the monthly Zoom Sesh!???

Yeah to round out a wonderful year of Solid BFC beers with a bit of excitement why not get little Matilda to draw it live on the last weekend of the month:).

Cool bit of a teaser and a great way to round out the Quarterly Brewersfriend Recipe year for 2021;);).
Excellent idea Ben!

Back