Q2 2021 Brewersfriend Community Recipie.

The main reason I am bottling it is that it is bit heavy ABV wise to have 5 gallons on tap. The other reason is to save a dozen or more bottles to add to the variety that I will have available come December, when, hopefully we can have a big croud over to celebrate the season!
If it tastes alright that is...

I have 2 friends that love Belgian beer so I can share some extras if I bottle. Plus it would be good to have some at Christmas as well

By the way Ladies and Gents. I have added a note to the Q2 recipe about Late Addition of the Dextrose:

Late Addition sugar (Dextrose or Belgian Candy Sugar if you can get it) is added at the 10 minutes to go mark. Stirred in very well to avoid it sticking to the kettle. Better still dissolve the sugar in some of the wort before adding to the kettle.

Decided to get ambitious and brew today outside since my garage is a disaster. Unfortunately I think I’m going to finish my boil right as the rain storm hits. But by god I am gonna make this beer!

Attachments

• 35DFB86C-AA5C-49FD-89AE-498CEA9FE92A.jpeg
    35DFB86C-AA5C-49FD-89AE-498CEA9FE92A.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 92
Decided to get ambitious and brew today outside since my garage is a disaster. Unfortunately I think I’m going to finish my boil right as the rain storm hits. But by god I am gonna make this beer!
Well I admire your tenacity... I hope it is worth it.
"It has to be drunk Harry.. This potion must cause me so much pain that I beg for relief.... you are not to indulge these requests... It is your job Harry to make me keep drinking this potion... even if you have to force it down my throat.. Understood?"

Sorry just watching Harry Potter Film 5... lol and this was the speech just as I read this...
... and the clouds darkened and all hell was let lose...

Well that took a dark turn. I think I’ll be able to tough this one out. ;) it’s coming along well I just had to swap some Amber for Biscuit cause I can’t read recipes.

2 or 3 years ago we got a deal on a pallet of kegs. I ended up storing and cleaning them so I got the best ones. I own 20 cause of course I do. I somehow have 23 right now. They are friends kegs that will get sorted out as they need them.

I have a bit of thing of not doing half measures in any hobby I do.

I count 15 kegs there, impressive!
Looks like you are in an older neighborhood there Hawk. Powerlines! Huh!

Boil coming up for the Q2 brew. Preboil gravity was 1.049 instead of 1.043. I'll still add the dextrose at the end to thin it out. I think this will be my biggest abv homebrew. Good thing I grabbed S33 :)

Attachments

• 20210410_152647.jpg
    20210410_152647.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 73
Mines a week in and it's crawling now it's around 1.018.
It went gang busters for 3-4 days then slowed right down I've upped the temp to 20 and will let it sit next week.
Don't want no bottle bombs;).
@Trialben FYI.
I left mine for 9 days (we went on holiday and left it) and it dropped down to 1.002.
I did not have a Tilt then to produce a regular graph so my readings were manual, infrequent and probably inaccurate (though not by much).
In addition my original recipe was a bit over weight - so I curbed it a bit for the Q2 - experience gains something I suppose. My system calculated attenuation was, therefore, a bit suspect at 97%! Even so the S33 gave me a high result. This WAS my original remember.
upload_2021-4-11_13-20-19.png

I count 15 kegs there, impressive!
Looks like you are in an older neighborhood there Hawk. Powerlines! Huh!

Yeah built in the 60s. Made it much quicker to get fibre to the house though so that was nice.

Back