Q1 2022 Brewersfriend Community Recipie.

Getting close to high krausen on the Amber here
20220111_150049.jpg

Just finished cleaning up after brewing a 2.5 gallon batch of the MentoRed 1st Quarter Brew.
Thank You @The Brew Mentor !
Had a tough time getting the brew down to pitching temp, but I guess that will happen if you don't get the power completely off..
Took a guess at a couple of the grains but it smells like beer.

Just raised the fermentation to 68, and will wait a couple days for the next rise. Tilt says1.016 but I have learned to not trust it. I won't know where it ended until it's in the keg. Missed my OG by a little, 052 instead of 056.

Time to start thinking about Mentorred... Sounds like a cinnamon flavored European mint, spelled that way...

Love the pic and info on this brew. Looking forward to brewing. Saving it for a split batch with a buddy. Basketball season tends to take away days for me to brew with other people.

Took a FG reading on that Metor red this morning 1.012.
It's cold crashing now.
Tasty stuff caramely and a nice plesent hop aroma I'm looking forward to this one.
Sounds great! Maybe a group tasting on the next zoom meeting!

Just raised the fermentation to 68, and will wait a couple days for the next rise. Tilt says1.016 but I have learned to not trust it. I won't know where it ended until it's in the keg. Missed my OG by a little, 052 instead of 056.
Then you'll likely get down to 1.013 or so.

Love the pic and info on this brew. Looking forward to brewing. Saving it for a split batch with a buddy. Basketball season tends to take away days for me to brew with other people.
You'll be jealous on group tasting! Haha

Back