Q1 2022 Brewersfriend Community Recipie.

IMG_20220126_155816681.jpg

Finished at 1.012 from 1.056. I’ll let her sit comfortably for about a week to carb up properly. Sample taste was very promising, fresh hops aroma, clean finish, malt flavors are there but they really need some carbonation behind them. Has that reddish, copperish color. Very much looking forward to it. Cheers @The Brew Mentor

79114665-F9CC-474D-B98E-57812BFE3B74.jpeg

Looks like you guys are killing it!
I hope you love it as much as I do.
I still really haven't tasted mine yet but it's in tap at the shop.
I actually cheated last night a bit and stopped at the local watering hole with my son in law and had 2 beers.
One was all litter box and dank.
Then the home run....
Bell's Two Hearted from a fresh keg! Delicious Centennial hops!
Cheers!

Kegged the MentoRed Amber, fast-carbed this sample. Will be ready for tomorrow at 4 or 5 EST, whenever.

Nice taste, good balance of hops and malt. Hit all my numbers but exactly 0.004 low: 1.052 og and 1.016 fg. 4.9% abv

Clearer than this image shows, almost perfectly clear. Lighter in color too.
53738D90-C1DE-4407-AC56-E64327506CFD.jpeg

I'll be brewing the MentoRed tomorrow. I hope to be done by meeting time. LHBS was out of BRY-97 so changed yeast to Omega OYL-009 West Coast Ale II. Anyone brew with this one before?
I didn't use the BRY-97 yeast so I used Safeale S-33. It is bubbling away very well so it is only the different flavour profile that may be different for my brew. I have never used BRY-97 - yet - so I may have to brew this again when I buy some. I haven't used OYL-009 either so yet another one for me to try.

I didn't use the BRY-97 yeast so I used Safeale S-33. It is bubbling away very well so it is only the different flavour profile that may be different for my brew. I have never used BRY-97 - yet - so I may have to brew this again when I buy some. I haven't used OYL-009 either so yet another one for me to try.
The Safale S-33 will give you some fruity and even spicy characteristics. Think light Belgian.
I've never brewed this with this yeast and I'm not sure how it'll pair with the malt and hops in this beer.
You'll have to let us know how it comes out.
Cheers

I brewed this today. Only deviation from plan was an extended time between flameout and hop stand. I found outdoor faucet was frozen so I could not use my immersion chiller. I thawed it with a small propane torch. Probably took 20 minutes between flameout and 180°F (82°C) rather than the expected 5 minutes. I don't expect that delay will affect the outcome too much.

I brewed this today. Only deviation from plan was an extended time between flameout and hop stand. I found outdoor faucet was frozen so I could not use my immersion chiller. I thawed it with a small propane torch. Probably took 20 minutes between flameout and 180°F (82°C) rather than the expected 5 minutes. I don't expect that delay will affect the outcome too much.
I'm sure it'll be great!
Cheers

Just…yum!
My first impression is the great aroma from the Cascade/Centennial mix…just want to stick your nose in the glass! Considering the semi-complex grain bill, the beer has a perfect bitterness to balance the great malty, sweetness. But, the beer finishes dry and invites another sip. Credit to BRY-97 and the small Roasted Barley addition for that. Dropped clear as crystal too. Definitely a beer made for barstools and some serious time to kill. :)
Cheers @The Brew Mentor for an awesome addition to the Community Brews!

Oh…forgot to mention…the color is gorgeous.

C99FC0AB-8822-4A30-BFB7-6B6611EA16B3.jpeg

Just…yum!
My first impression is the great aroma from the Cascade/Centennial mix…just want to stick your nose in the glass! Considering the semi-complex grain bill, the beer has a perfect bitterness to balance the great malty, sweetness. But, the beer finishes dry and invites another sip. Credit to BRY-97 and the small Roasted Barley addition for that. Dropped clear as crystal too. Definitely a beer made for barstools and some serious time to kill. :)
Cheers @The Brew Mentor for an awesome addition to the Community Brews!

Oh…forgot to mention…the color is gorgeous.

View attachment 19282
Oh, I hope mine looks at least half as good. Yum!

Back