Q1 2021 Community Recipe by HighVoltageMan!

Messin with ya, I just made that up!

Yeah, he should've recommended trans-silicate diethyl methone (TSDM)
:rolleyes:

I usually start with 1g per gallon each of those salts and adjust from there (using RO water). Gets me in the ballpark for calcium

I usually start with 1g per gallon each of those salts and adjust from there (using RO water). Gets me in the ballpark for calcium
I was following what was in the recipe I copied. 1/1 is what I’ve been doing until today. I should have double checked the math after I scaled

I added my dry hop charge during active fermentation, not sure if that was when it was supposed to be added, just what I did (and typically do).
First time dry hopping so I’m still thinking. Was going to wait until it starts to slow or should I hit it sooner? Guess I will be using a sanitized bag since I can’t cold crash.

First time dry hopping so I’m still thinking. Was going to wait until it starts to slow or should I hit it sooner? Guess I will be using a sanitized bag since I can’t cold crash.
I feel that it is best to dry hop while there is still active fermentation, although others may not.
My fermenter has a tap at the bottom, I tip the fermenter so that trub and hops are kept away from the tap.
I just throw the hops in, one less potential for infection, but that is just me.
If I recall correctly you don't have the ability to cold crash. Or do you?
There is the great outdoors, or, do you have a garage?

I can use my garage..got a keg in there right now. Is suck back from pressure an issue? Oxidation from suck back? Op is there a trick or am I just being me? Lol

With 3 piece air locks you will get a bit of O2 ingress, which would be minimal with your batch size.
You could purge once the temperature drops by removing the airlock and flush with Co2 if you are concerned.
I have recently started hooking up a Co2 line when I cold crash, but have never had an O2 issue when I haven't.

20210207_143430.jpg

Back