Q1 2021 Community Recipe by HighVoltageMan!

HOLY COW! Wayner's PA is chugging away at 62 degrees (f). In my years of brewing I have never had a beer smell like this while fermenting. I can't really describe the smell eccept to say it is unique and wonderful. Very unique and very wonderful. At this point I am rethinking EVERYTHING in life .. Not just bittering in the boil, but my gender, my sexual orientation, my skin color, my diet, how to train the dog, and whether or not to bathe regularly. Cologne manufacturers could make a killing with this fragrance.

And surely you had a taste as well;);) it's good stuff!
I did not taste it, have it sitting at 30PSI, will crank it down to serving pressure, and have a proper sample tomorrow

I fined in the Secondary after Dry Hopping for 3 days. Drop out was considerable, about 5/8" on the bottom. That got left behind when I transfered to keg. And then things went all pear shaped.
I hooked up the gas, put the keg in the fridge. The next day I dropped by to say Hi only to find no pressure in keg & CO2 tank at 0. WTF?
After refilling the tank I did the soapie water leak hunt. Regulator was Screaming. Should have been easy to find but it took awhile. Lost about 50# per regulator before I discovered the Pressure Release was stuck open!! Jacked around with it a minute & then it snapped shut.
Note to self, "Check for leaks BEFORE you walk away".

That sux firedome Easily done I'm amazed you didn't hear it.

20210203_204729.jpg

That's an interesting phrase, I'm going to steal it.

My WPA is still cloudy buy extremely good after sitting in the keg an extra week.
I do have one complaint: The keg keeps getting lighter and lighter every day.
That might be a manufacturing defect, I’ve noticed the problem with a few of my cornies.

@Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews Thanks but I'm pretty sure that was User Error. I should have recognized the Regulators cry for help. My only defense is this is my 1st tank of CO2. I've been kegging for a year & only heard that whistle when pressuring a keg for storage.
Won't happen again.

I fined in the Secondary after Dry Hopping for 3 days. Drop out was considerable, about 5/8" on the bottom. That got left behind when I transfered to keg. And then things went all pear shaped.
I hooked up the gas, put the keg in the fridge. The next day I dropped by to say Hi only to find no pressure in keg & CO2 tank at 0. WTF?
After refilling the tank I did the soapie water leak hunt. Regulator was Screaming. Should have been easy to find but it took awhile. Lost about 50# per regulator before I discovered the Pressure Release was stuck open!! Jacked around with it a minute & then it snapped shut.
Just had a little issue with a post but luckily caught it right away

Last week I found a puddle of beer in the garage fridge. The new picnic tap flare end was not tightened to the ball-lock fitting all the way, and it dripped out, slowly, leaving a puddle of nasty. Got the wrenches and tightened it.

Finally got to brew Wayner's! Smelled great, tasted surprisingly bitter, but I did come in a few points short (OG 1.054). I prefer a session beer, so I'm okay with it as long as it doesn't dry out too much :)
20210206_122246.jpg
20210206_154851.jpg

Brewing salt issue, I apparently did something wrong scaling. May have a little more gypsum than I should

1.4 grams to 3 gallons of water. When I scaled the original recipe that’s what it had but that seems like a lot

1.4 grams to 3 gallons of water. When I scaled the original recipe that’s what it had but that seems like a lot
I put 3 grams in my 5 gallon batch, so that seems reasonable, how much calcium chloride? I used about 2.5 grams

Back