Other hobbies

Hey there @Sunfire96 I would be delighted to play around with you here in the PNW, wink wink.
I have a lifelong love of the game of golf. My backyard for 28 years was a golf course, and I’ve played for most of my life. I used to walk every Monday, sometimes playing 36 holes. Watching birds while trying to make birdies. Enjoying the green of the trees and other vegetation while trying to make things happen on the greens. Playing in sun and win and rain. I have aced the same hole twice, the ninth hole at Riverview Golf Course in Santa Ana, CA.
Golf, it’s the game of a lifetime.

Hey there @Sunfire96 I would be delighted to play around with you here in the PNW, wink wink.
I have a lifelong love of the game of golf. My backyard for 28 years was a golf course, and I’ve played for most of my life. I used to walk every Monday, sometimes playing 36 holes. Watching birds while trying to make birdies. Enjoying the green of the trees and other vegetation while trying to make things happen on the greens. Playing in sun and win and rain. I have aced the same hole twice, the ninth hole at Riverview Golf Course in Santa Ana, CA.
Golf, it’s the game of a lifetime.
Nice play on words there Herm:).

So the same hole the 9th ar Riverview golf course Santa Ana what - ? Hole in one!!! F'YEAH MAN! If so that's a dream on any course any day for congratulations if soo I'm sculling my beer right now!

It's entirely a mental game, which I rather enjoy. If you're out there trying to hit the ball as far as possible then you're doing it wrong. My rule is that I refuse to be the most miserable person on the range/course. You wouldn't believe how many people spend money to just have a terrible time
:oops:

I gave it up years ago and have been much happier ever since. From now on, I'll caddy, watch others get frustrated, and drink beer. :p

Phew that took a bit of effort to get here this time yesterday evening I was real disappointed but this evening I'm stoked with how this had come out looking
20230415_164118.jpg

Them screens were what held me up a bit more to making them than I thought!
20230415_164047.jpg

Chucked 4 little vents in to allow air flow not really sure how to go about them but for now 4 will do either side they got flyscreen in em to stop critters.
20230415_164031.jpg

This is a great hight for Matilda to get down and dirty on:p!

OK will oil her up tomorrow and put it to use drying that malt

Cheers!

Oiled her up!
Feast and Watson exterior oil there is no way I was gunna be drying some malted grain in here!
20230416_172907.jpg

It's got some fumage going on made me feel unwell after painting it on
20230416_172900.jpg

I oiled the screen frames with vegie oil top right corner you can see it. I thought it best to use something food grade after smelling the fumes comming off the oil.
I'm hoping this smell dissipates over the next couple of days

Oiled her up!
Feast and Watson exterior oil there is no way I was gunna be drying some malted grain in here!
View attachment 25083
It's got some fumage going on made me feel unwell after painting it onView attachment 25084
I oiled the screen frames with vegie oil top right corner you can see it. I thought it best to use something food grade after smelling the fumes comming off the oil.
I'm hoping this smell dissipates over the next couple of days
Once it gets hot in there it'll dissipate.

Once it gets hot in there it'll dissipate.
Cheers Don I was hoping someone would chime in and put my anxious mind at ease.

Yeah I've used other exterior oils that had nowhere near the solvent smell of this one.
But I'm sure liking the finish so I don't mind the trade off.

Won't be using it for drying malt for atleast a week so plenty of time to dissipate any fumes.

Just got back from a 2 night camping trip at a nearby lake. I drank Coors Light the whole time and it was glorious :) got up at 6 and walked 20 feet to go fishing, laid out on the swimming beach and even got in the water (high was 65'F). It was pretty cold at night (low 38'), so spent a lot of time around a big campfire watching nature and doing crossword puzzles. I'm ready to go back!
20230424_064753.jpg
20230424_065544.jpg

That is a killer setup Ben, I like it.

It's averaging 12-14C here during the day and there is no heat in the air yet so this is a cold spring.

Just got back from a 2 night camping trip at a nearby lake. I drank Coors Light the whole time and it was glorious :) got up at 6 and walked 20 feet to go fishing, laid out on the swimming beach and even got in the water (high was 65'F). It was pretty cold at night (low 38'), so spent a lot of time around a big campfire watching nature and doing crossword puzzles. I'm ready to go back!
View attachment 25194 View attachment 25195

Love it!
Our water is warmer, but I'm way too scared to go in there.
I love my fishing as well

If fresh water and not a spring, probably the same issue here too..gators.
Nice pics. Did the Heron steal your bait?
I haven't fished freshwater in years. I do like fishing in the surf though.

Did you do any catching while you were fishing?
I tried my luck for several hours yesterday on the Middle Fork Willamette River near Dexter. The river flow was too high for me and my ultra light spinning rod, but it was a gorgeous day to be outside. One fish smacked at my presentation, but no hookup. I got to spend time near the water, which makes me happy:cool:

Did you do any catching while you were fishing?
I tried my luck for several hours yesterday on the Middle Fork Willamette River near Dexter. The river flow was too high for me and my ultra light spinning rod, but it was a gorgeous day to be outside. One fish smacked at my presentation, but no hookup. I got to spend time near the water, which makes me happy:cool:
Nah, I don't usually catch anything when I got fishing :) but it's nice to be outside

I like doing sports. I guess that is my hobby. For example right now I am on my 21 day fat loss challenge ( found it here https://betterme.world/articles/21-day-fat-loss-challenge/ but do not know whether it is good or no ). A 21-day fat loss challenge is a type of short-term diet and exercise plan that aims to help individuals lose body fat and improve overall health and fitness within 21 days. Sustainable weight loss and healthy habits require a consistent effort and long-term lifestyle changes. So here I am actively trying that.

Last edited:
I'm super unclear if that's bot spam but it's an interesting side concept. I play hockey (beer league) and need to lose about 20 pounds right now, which is tricky cause I like beer. Calories in v Calories out isn't a conceptually difficult concept but implementing it is a hell of a lot easier said than done.

Back