Other hobbies

first ride.jpg First ride last saturday. Made it into the next town over before stopping, warming hands, and heading back home. 34 deg.

We're going tomorrow to get my buddies Versys 1000 from the shop, hit a deer in the fall and it spent all winter there getting fixed. Going to be trailering it cause there is still a lot of ice on the roads here.

Looking out the window at the Ten Mile Range. Got the granddaughter in ski lessons and getting in a few turns myself.

We're going tomorrow to get my buddies Versys 1000 from the shop, hit a deer in the fall and it spent all winter there getting fixed. Going to be trailering it cause there is still a lot of ice on the roads here.
Nice.
Never could get into Kawi's. Don't know why cause that's a nice looking bike. Probably more of not liking the local dealer. Been thinking about a FJ-09 or better yet waiting for the Tracer GT

Deer take bloody forever to get going.

XLH in my avatar fell victim to T- boning a deer. Figure I made out pretty good. Totaled bike, dead deer and all I got was a prosthetic shoulder implant.

Damn. That could have been bad. He walked away with a sore leg and $3500 in damage but he just clipped it rather than hitting it head on.

In Aus we have kangaroo sometimes they jump before you hit them ive herd of them ending up going through the windscreen. never a good result especially on a motorbike.

Yea, a local guy took an antler under the back of his helmet and was killed instantly, so I felt pretty lucky.

Jesus Christ!

I've seen some nasty sh$t out riding. Nothing compared to that.

Me, I spend my non-snow months riding a mtn bike but not just downhill, full cross country. What goes down must ride up! Spent 15+yrs as a racer, lots of ultra-indurance racing. I live in one of the most desirable places in the world to ride a Mtn Bike, and I am 2min from the trail system! Loads of camping with the family. And the constant reno's of the house!
Winters are spent skate skiing and playing hockey (also coach both sports, one I do get paid for)

Last edited:
We are still getting snow here in spots. Idiot me still got talked into going out. Pic before all the carnage. Actually thinking about giving this part of the hobby up after this day.

Attachments

• ride.jpg
    ride.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 172
We just got a good snow in Denver but we're kind of used to that in the Spring. I'm hoping for another week or two of ski season, otherwise, it's off to A-Basin for a good day or two of slush riding.

I just bought a motorbike lift for my garage, will set it up tonight. Of course it snowed today too so that's awesome...

I play guitar a bit, and have a 66 Chevy pickup that I am rebuilding in my garage. Frame off rebuild, all new suspension, front discs, power breaks and steering added. Added a 350 crate engine and a 5 speed trans from a Camaro.

Having a crack at rescuing these native Stingless bees In an irrigation box.
Client asked me to kill them I said ill go one better and take them and give them a new home.
I dabble in singless bees as a garden feature.
20220423_155902.jpg

Bottom left corner is the brood that's the bit I aimed at taking.
Them yellow round pods are pollen.
The honey is up the back in them little honey bags.
It's all stuck together with resin from trees it's soo hard to get off.

This is real traumatic to the colony fingers crossed all that the Queen and remaining workers I take with the brood survive.

Having a crack at rescuing these native Stingless bees In an irrigation box.
Client asked me to kill them I said ill go one better and take them and give them a new home.
I dabble in singless bees as a garden feature.
View attachment 20383
Bottom left corner is the brood that's the bit I aimed at taking.
Them yellow round pods are pollen.
The honey is up the back in them little honey bags.
It's all stuck together with resin from trees it's soo hard to get off.

This is real traumatic to the colony fingers crossed all that the Queen and remaining workers I take with the brood survive.
I remember you showing us a colony of little bees you have in your backyard on one of the first zoom calls. I do hope these little guys survive relocation.

Back