Other hobbies

Some of that depends on the beer too. If you look at the calories in something like a Torpedo, your jaw will just about drop. Six of those are about the same as an entire medium pizza or more. Going lower on the alcohol for my hoppy beers has helped a lot. Portion control and drinking water helps a lot too.
Beer can be pretty evil for a diet, but a few compromises here and there do actually help. We are usually at multiple breweries over the weekend, and I have to drive. That severely puts limits on what I can have. I think those limits have allowed my weight to stabilize in a somewhat normal range.

I'm super unclear if that's bot spam but it's an interesting side concept. I play hockey (beer league) and need to lose about 20 pounds right now, which is tricky cause I like beer. Calories in v Calories out isn't a conceptually difficult concept but implementing it is a hell of a lot easier said than done.
It is. Kenny001 always has a non-brewing link in a post. Likely actual human, since they do make reasonable sense, but generally out of context of the thread. But persistent! Maybe we can get them to brew some beer...

They'll get interested eventually. I should really brew up a few Kolsch's this week so I have summer beer. But my other hobbies are taking over more than I expected. My axes are getting a lot better and I'm starting to get a handle on well handles for them.

They'll get interested eventually. I should really brew up a few Kolsch's this week so I have summer beer. But my other hobbies are taking over more than I expected. My axes are getting a lot better and I'm starting to get a handle on well handles for them.
Hey a hobby is only a hobby until it becomes a chore.

Currently my hobby is doing smth on a computer like gaming or programming

Nothing wrong with that, I made a career out of my computer hobby. Which I now don't enjoy so I do other hobbies. Next is probably figuring out if I can get the box off my truck without destroying anything so I can get access to it easily.

I like gaming. Games like Dota 2 or Lol and reading books lol. Sounds prett boring
Reading is the key to life. The more you read, the more you know, and the more you know, the better you are. Also, reading a lot teaches you how to write better, and being a good writer is an important skill

I like programming. Recently my hobby has started to be my job and now I am into software maintaince debugging. Actually this can be really a good one which can come in handy for every sphere of business so u can try somehow.

Last edited:
Got a broody Chicken ATM 2 or 3 days she's been staying on the eggs
20230929_164650.jpg

Yeah she's a clucky one so we found some locally sourced fertilised eggs Sussex breed lavender to be more descriptive
20230929_164159.jpg

So 21 days hopefully if this hen stays put we should have some little chick's hanging about

Attachments

• 20230929_164557.jpg
    20230929_164557.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I noticed that many people do chicken hatchery. Is it fun or connected to food prices?

Well went in to check on the eggs today as I thought heck it's gotta be getting close now boys and girls well have a gander at these little beauties! :)
20231019_161017.jpg

Ain't it just wonderful nature just does it all by itself and here I was doubting it'd work. That chook ain't even a year old and here she is continuing on the cycle of life.

All 4 hatched BTW one of them is behind mum
20231019_161016.jpg

Super excited and Matilda couldn't contain herself!

In a couple of days I'll give her a hold of one.

Now what the hell I'm thinking do I need to provide the mum I'm a first timer at this chick raising I'm guessing the hen will sort it all out hey?

Ich denke, jeder wird zustimmen, dass die Wahl eines Hobbys für jeden Menschen sehr wichtig ist. Unter vielen habe ich mich für die Floristik entschieden. Wahrscheinlich weiß nicht jeder, was es bedeutet, deshalb verrate ich Ihnen ein wenig: Die Floristik ist ein Zweig der Botanik, dessen Aufgabe es ist, Pflanzen zu studieren. Viele Menschen können wahrscheinlich nicht einmal zwischen Zimmerpflanzen unterscheiden, aber ich glaube, dass dies im Leben nützlich sein kann. Blumen bereiten Menschen, genau wie mir, immer Freude und deshalb habe ich beschlossen, meinen zukünftigen Beruf mit ihnen zu verbinden. Mit der richtigen Pflanzenkombination erhalten Sie eine wunderbare Komposition, die nicht nur das Auge erfreut, sondern auch ein herrliches Aroma verleiht. Dadurch kann man nicht nur die richtige Atmosphäre im Raum schaffen, da ich den Menschen Freude und gute Laune schenken möchte, werde ich Floristin.
Well, flowers are indeed nice, but it is not so easy as it seems. But, if you enjoy it, you absolutely be good at it, so yes, I agree this is a good direction for you.

Leider die meiste leute hier nur (oder hauptsachlich) english schreiben. Aber der Google vereint uns alle.

One week old now the little chick's and we can't stand them on the patio any longer lol
Made a little pen for them whilst they grow old enough to be out with the other two hensView attachment 27072
just wait I have 8 roosters that howl half the night and all morning, makes you wanting to have chicken some days lol

Back