No mid boil hops?

I also find the "n=1" problem to be fairly prevalent in decisions about brewing technique, even with Brulosophy. One experimental run does not a finding make. But by all means, we should try new things. But a bombastic finding overturning centuries of brewing procedure, takes a bit more to convince me.
I thought I was the only one to think that about Brulosphy. Interesting, but not always useful.

I'm not suggesting that this method would overturn the brewing world, it's just a technique to achieve a desired affect. I certainly wouldn't use this method on anything but a hop bomb.

I have been working on this method for several years and I have gotten to the point where it works very well for me. I brew a lot for competitions and that drives me in a different direction then if I brewed beer only for myself. By doing so, it did force me to evaluate my brewing methods and to improve upon my beers. I was just trying to share my experience with anyone who was interested.

But this is not everyone's cup of tea.

Calling me a yahoo is vain attempt to diminish my argument. It would be ideal if these ideas could be discussed in a friendly discourse without someone becoming offended or threatened by the idea. It's just a friendly chat about making beer, nothing more. If you don't agree with it, I'm okay with that and I'm sure others are as well.

By the way, I take no offense in you calling me a yahoo, there are many days I would agree with you.
I didn’t take nosy’s yahoo comment as being made to anyone specific. Seemed like a general comment to me. I wouldn’t worry about it. If we all brewed the exact same way, there’d be no need for a forum.

im sure the guys at brulosophy dont take their significant exbeeriment results as absolute beer lore. their just pushing the beer brewing boundaries and looking at the results. I for one love their stuff its changed alot of the way i brew i try some if their techniques and see if they work for me. fast ferment tick geletin tick cold crashing straight to 0 no ramp down tick.

sime of their stuff i dont do like the short and shoddy stuff.

Damn, if I knew this topic was going to be so interesting, I would have fired up the popcorn popper and poured a home brew :D

I decided to split the difference on this hop schedule debate and was going to brew today. But it’s too cold to run a garden hose to my shop/brew house.

On the bright side, my beer log jam has cleared and I have two full kegs on tap and three conditioning. :D:D

RAHAHB ;)

Back