Monthly happy hour

Have to say at this point, please make the link easier to find. I sat around for half an hour last time waiting for a response to messages or a post on the thread. Might well have been my tired brain missing something but I'm in no rush to repeat that experience.
The link is in the first post on this thread @Steve SPF you could always copy and paste it somewhere convenient in advance of the day.

@Josh Hughes It might be a thing to post a link to the first post of this thread when announcing that month's club meeting. I watched as @Steve SPF struggled to join us, ultimately not doing so.

Have to say at this point, please make the link easier to find. I sat around for half an hour last time waiting for a response to messages or a post on the thread. Might well have been my tired brain missing something but I'm in no rush to repeat that experience.
Don did respond when you asked where the link was…. The link is easy to find on the top of the thread. I will copy and paste it on the reminder moving forward. I apologize you didn’t see it. You are good to talk to and I hope you are able to join next time :)

Last edited:
Don did respond when you asked where the link was…. The link is easy to find on the top of the thread. I will copy and paste if on the reminder moving forward. I apologize you didn’t see it. You are good to talk to and I hope you are able to join next time :)
Speaking English helps :D but not always required I know a few of you seem to be bi lingual...
Not 100% on that above comment though you just seem to know what people are saying when writing in different languages like Portuguese/Spanish for instance :rolleyes:

I occasionally need the Australian English Google translator.

I occasionally need the Australian English Google translator.
Right, I'll start using our local English then. See if you can find a translator for that as well :p
Our English got a lot of slang in it from the local languages plus Afrikaans

Example
Conversation overheard when I just got to Zimbabwe:

So yeah, there's me, my china and this oak with his lightie.
So we drive to get some mashonga and when on the way we hit this mombie

By this time I was convinced I was not in an English speaking country :)

Did you try Google Translate?

So this guys with his buddie's mixed race girlfriend and they are going to meet some Shonga people, local indigenous folks I assume, and they are driving to get these people? Day labor?? And they hit a sleep deprived mother?

Wow..not quite a human example to aspire to! Uff! Little hard to like that one!

This coming Saturday, well Sunday for @Trialben is the community zoom meeting. I’ll turn it on at 4pm NY time and leave it open for a good while. Looking forward to “seeing” everyone :)
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81563586825?pwd=TExwOVVwU1dlQUpGTlRpeUpia1Qrdz09
No plans Sunday morning I'll see yas there:)

Oh does that mean Don's got some Mod stuff to talk about or better yet were all gunna raise a glass to Don to kick him off on his forum Moderation Journey :D.

I should be there :)

No plans Sunday morning I'll see yas there:)

Oh does that mean Don's got some Mod stuff to talk about or better yet were all gunna raise a glass to Don to kick him off on his forum Moderation Journey :D.
Ah, unfortunately I'll be occupied that day as it is a special day in my family. I'll be thinking of everyone but will have to miss my imaginary friends this month. :(

I probably can’t make it- 3 PM on a Saturday is not usually doable for me. Have a great happy hour(s)!
The meetings go on for a whole, so just pop in a little later ;)

I hate to follow suit on this but, I don't think I can make it either. But it's for a good reason. I'll be at Milwaukee's German Fest. I may pop in for few minutes with a German beer in my hand and polka music in the background.
20_f.png

Back