Lifting device

There's some guy in South Dakota who sells a device that's wrapped around the sides of the kettle, near the bottom, to transfer in some of the heat from the flame wash that would otherwise dissipate upwards. Can't remember the name, but I recall seeing it advertised in Zymurgy a year or two ago.

IIRC, the device was rather expensive, like >$100, so it would take a lot of batches to recoup the savings in propane.

There's some guy in South Dakota who sells a device that's wrapped around the sides of the kettle, near the bottom, to transfer in some of the heat from the flame wash that would otherwise dissipate upwards. Can't remember the name, but I recall seeing it advertised in Zymurgy a year or two ago.

IIRC, the device was rather expensive, like >$100, so it would take a lot of batches to recoup the savings in propane.

I remember that device. Looked pretty cool. I also remember it was very expensive. I may do something similar to it as a DIY project someday.

The Blingman isn't cheap, but it's a beast and will last practically forever. I'm pleased with mine. I can do 10-12 gal BIAB batches without even going near full-bore.

Glad I bought the beast. It was cold and windy when I brewed yesterday. It was in the upper 30s when I mashed and about 40 during the boil. I ran the thing on full hellfire for a little while, and I needed to. I sucked down some propane, but the burner works well.

Most blichman stuff works really well, you just pay for it, lol.

I have the riptide pump and it works really well. Well thought out for cleaning it too

Back