Lagunitas sucks extract recipe

Not a problem :) and I know what you mean, Ive read some horrendous posts out there where people were short, and just plain not nice. I always try to explain in full the meaning on everything I know about and nothing I don't, good luck

Ozarks Mountian Brew said:
Not a problem :) and I know what you mean, Ive read some horrendous posts out there where people were short, and just plain not nice. I always try to explain in full the meaning on everything I know about and nothing I don't, good luck

I will be kegging friday. Racking cane to keg and letting carb at 12 psi at 34 deg. In your experience with the clone could you tell the dif between a bottle of sucks and your extract clone? The wort was very strong for me. I also tasted after 1st dry hop and it was very strong not to sucks like but I was o ly half thrpugh dry hopping.

well i think if you look at the final gravity of the recipe and your readings, you went past the final gravity which led to the extra alcohol, not sure why but thats why, as far as the strong flavor, thats normal, it will subside after you condition or filter

well i think if you look at the final gravity of the recipe and your readings, you went past the final gravity which led to the extra alcohol, not sure why but thats why, as far as the strong flavor, thats normal, it will subside after you condition or filter
I just figured the yeast would quit after reaching FG i guess i could of been on top of it and cold crashed when it reached your fg you posted? Should I add an inline filter on my beer line?

I generaly filter with a 5 or 3 micron filter with all my beers, especially after dry hopping but is best before you carb

I generaly filter with a 5 or 3 micron filter with all my beers, especially after dry hopping but is best before you carb
I will try mesh bag at end of my racking cane when I transfer from secondary to keg on friday.

Just racked to keg. Boozy flavor mellowed a bit and smells and taste hoppy.... so far so good in jeggerator at 34-36 degrees at 13 psi. Ran all beer lines through copper tube up into the tower with. T runing another tube to the cooling elements in the back. Also a pc fan to push cold air up that tube...really helped with fist pour foam on my comercial keg.

Great hope you like it, its is a hi hop beer and should have plenty of alcohol, if you can make it last at least a few weeks, should taste better

Great hope you like it, its is a hi hop beer and should have plenty of alcohol, if you can make it last at least a few weeks, should taste better

I love me hoppy beers... you have a hop stoopid extract clone and it comes out close I would just brew that...that is one of my favs. That and blind pig

read through this page

http://www.northernbrewer.com/conne...lone-recipe/?gclid=CMuYrtSy-L4CFXMR7AodQF0A1A

Extract:
90 minute boil
OG 1.074

10.25 lbs Gold Malt Syrup
.5 lb Briess Victory
1.5 oz Nugget at 90 minutes
6.5 ml Hopshot at 60 minutes
0.65 oz Cascade and 0.65 Chinook at 12 min
1.3 oz Simcoe at flameout, wait 10 min before chilling
Pitch yeast starter of y1028 London Ale
Dry hop with .6 oz Columbus, .3 oz Simcoe, .15 oz Chinook

Cheers, and good luck!

no not a pliny clone just another hoppy beer, will have to rewrite that later instead of dry hopping the first batch for 10 days do 5 days then take out and fresh hops for another 5 days then add the next hops for 5 days then add the Amarillo finish hops for 5 more

Yes , long days and cost a little. A great way to add hop flavor is to put hops in a bag and bring 1 or 2 cups of water to a boil and steep the hops , swirl it around and dunk for about 15 minutes creating a hop slurry tea, then cool and pour into the carboy or keg, gently mix and wala instant hop flavor

now this water needs to be distilled or very filtered

9 daya kegged tastes decent.. not like sucks yet but good... im guessing after a mo th it will mellow a bit

whats happening here is all the dry hop matter is falling to the bottom and thats what your sampling, for best results in a hi hop beer let the thing sit for a week in as cold a temp as possible then pull the beer off with the auto-siphon into another keg leaving the gunk behind and drink immediately

whats happening here is all the dry hop matter is falling to the bottom and thats what your sampling, for best results in a hi hop beer let the thing sit for a week in as cold a temp as possible then pull the beer off with the auto-siphon into another keg leaving the gunk behind and drink immediately

I think ive pulled about 4 or 5 full pints out of it I guess I will never know if it was time/gunk or both lol as long as I enjoy it im good... I will try not to touch it for another week seems to get better... 11 days kegged now

Back