I visited a brewery today!

We are back on lockdown here:confused:

Next Wednesday we plan our first meal at a restaurant in a very long time. Fully vaccinated baby!
Two weeks after we got our second shots, we went to a brewery. I have to admit, I teared up a little at what I've missed the last year. It was a much more powerful emotional experience than I expected. Cheers, brother, and enjoy the meal!

I was stunned how many available spots were open when they dropped the age range down so I was in it. We're at most 25% done shot 1 in the province.

I registered at my local hospital and was in a private medical center vs a huge group cattle setup which I didn't want

It's being done by pharmacy here and the one near my house had 4 open spots tomorrow, they had like 15 today but of course I can't get it until tomorrow when the age range changes.

There are pharmacies here that are doing vaccines, but we also have a large facility set up for when we finally start getting some decent number of doses here. The facility is an old "Rona" store (home depot, lowes). It is kind of ironic that I went to the Rona to get vaccinated for the RONA!

The running joke out here is that we're going to be doing the jabs in old HMV and Blockbuster locations for the Gen-X rollout. Which as a "Millenial" I find hits dangerously close to home.

Drifting here, sorry, partly my fault:rolleyes:

Fair. I did visit a new Brewery in Spruce Grove called RavenWolf on Friday, they had killer Jamaican patties but their beer wasn't spectacular. Service was top notch though so I would go back. Only had 4 people total on the patio which was properly spread out so I felt comfortable stopping in and trying it.

Fogbelt Brewing was so good I had to go back :D Left to right: pilsner/Citra smash, blonde ale, blackberry cheesecake sour, and milk stout aged in pinot noir barrels. Not pictured: carnitas tacos and black garlic fries
20210421_175057.jpg

Breaker Brewing - Wilkes Barre PA

Such a cool little brewery with a couple of bars nestled into an old Catholic school house and a brewing system located in an old church right next door. Providence, some might say.

The name of the brewery comes not from religion but from the coal breakers, which littered the Wyoming and Lackawanna valleys back in the day.

Exploring the bar area was like walking back into time. The building reminded me of my grade school, lots of hardwood, hallways, steps, blackboards. And then I’d run into another bar and I’m back in the present day. Walk outside the old school/bar and there was outdoor seating between the school/bar and the brewery/church.

Food was good, beer was great. The family had a great time.

The main bar.

14C24C09-45FB-48C7-86ED-6B0B358DDB5F.jpeg

The brewery.

3219F3B6-2F1E-4C31-AB65-984224DC023B.jpeg

The Tap List:

I had #1 and it was sublime. Tasted like banana bread.

D06DB2E4-C486-4B63-8E1F-DAF7C7B881A9.jpeg

Spoils:
L-R
Cool as a Cucumber Gose
Pandora’s Hop Triple IPA
Tlachinoli Xocolatl Imperial Stout

D4E9282A-3168-4BE9-AA72-EA2D4EEB4AD8.jpeg

Breaker Brewing - Wilkes Barre PA

Such a cool little brewery with a couple of bars nestled into an old Catholic school house and a brewing system located in an old church right next door. Providence, some might say.

The name of the brewery comes not from religion but from the coal breakers, which littered the Wyoming and Lackawanna valleys back in the day.

Exploring the bar area was like walking back into time. The building reminded me of my grade school, lots of hardwood, hallways, steps, blackboards. And then I’d run into another bar and I’m back in the present day. Walk outside the old school/bar and there was outdoor seating between the school/bar and the brewery/church.

Food was good, beer was great. The family had a great time.

The main bar.

View attachment 15800

The brewery.

View attachment 15801

The Tap List:

I had #1 and it was sublime. Tasted like banana bread.

View attachment 15802

Spoils:
L-R
Cool as a Cucumber Gose
Pandora’s Hop Triple IPA
Tlachinoli Xocolatl Imperial Stout

View attachment 15803
Looks like a lovely little brewery.

Back