I brewed today!

Mashing my chocolate Oatmeal cookie stout
20201030_200350.jpg

Going for a medium pale ale, around 8 SRM, with Perle and C hops... :) and I used up the rest of my premilled base malts. Pitched on top of the cake from the amber wheat (bottled that today too). Wish I had a homebrew, I'll go for drinking a Sierra Nevada pale ale instead, cheers!
20201031_133815.jpg
20201031_102950.jpg

Going for a medium pale ale, around 8 SRM, with Perle and C hops... :) and I used up the rest of my premilled base malts. Pitched on top of the cake from the amber wheat (bottled that today too). Wish I had a homebrew, I'll go for drinking a Sierra Nevada pale ale instead, cheers!
View attachment 12692 View attachment 12693
Do you brew every day? :)

Maybe 3-6 times a month? Depends on how long stuff takes to ferment. Last week I hurt my back at work, and I've been stuck at home while it heals :/ and I only do 1-1.5 gallon batches, which go pretty quick lol
We think alike I get brew every week or so this way too.

Maybe 3-6 times a month? Depends on how long stuff takes to ferment. Last week I hurt my back at work, and I've been stuck at home while it heals :/ and I only do 1-1.5 gallon batches, which go pretty quick lol

How long is a brew day for you small batchers?

Same as Josh. I've done a couple under 3 hours where I was super prepped and maybe counted soaking things as "finishing" cleanup lol

20201101_140946.jpg

Brewing a pils ale. Had a sack on hand for summer brews and zip... there summer and fall went. At least the 14 inches of snow melted off. New electric brew system is coming along slowly.

Looks a little less complex then your 3v system but looks can be decieving..
Looks like a brew space you can really settle into ;)

Mashing an IPA.

As an experiment, I tried something a little different for this session, and the results of which were immediately apparent.
I can state rather conclusively:
Brewing with a hangover does not a fun brew day make. YMMV.

7EFE981E-075C-4329-A418-5DFD4A0CD71F.jpeg

Mashing an IPA.

As an experiment, I tried something a little different for this session, and the results of which were immediately apparent.
I can state rather conclusively:
Brewing with a hangover does not a fun brew day make. YMMV.

View attachment 12797
You are a trooper!
I was actually a little soggy on Friday when I brewed.

Back