I brewed today!

Just finished cleaning up the carrot pumpkin spice brew, smelled great.
Also bottled a Belgian single. First brew with actual temp control (no more swamp cooler) and a cold crash. Super clear and tasted great, not too strong on the clove flavor which is good. Now all it needs is some carbonation

I just bottled the juiciest juice I ever did juice. Whoa whoa whoa. too good. (picture doesn't do justice)

15.5º --> 1.014 = ~6.75% ABV.

21740317_10155712004139299_2976722725906789005_n.jpg

Harvested my chinook and horizon hops last night...not bad for first year got 1.5 oz total from 2 plants . They got used today in a wet hop ale (golden promise,victory and munich). Did a 15 min hopstand at 200 degrees while recirculating. Also got to use 2 of my newest gadgets on brewday !! Set up my first crush on my new mill and added a re circulation pump to mashtun ,that I also used for whirlpool. both worked great 75% conversion one first run ...pretty happy with that

Didn't brew today but did dry hop 2 of my batches
bit over 20.3 oz or 577g total went in the IPA as a dry hop Hehehehehe Dare say it should hit the hop aroma / flavour thresholds for an IPA ?
Tub on the right is an APA only half the hops but still a solid hit

21640751_126538148075495_2659617864593029422_o.jpg

Wow that's my hop quota for about 6 beers :p. Mega hop may need a new profile for them beers mate:).

So.... 2.2001 lbs, instead of 2.2 lbs? Got it!

I just bottled a New England IPA I brewed, and I used midnight wheat thinking it would give me color and no bitterness. Well, now I'm curious if it was midnight wheat or something else, because it's so bitter. like overly bitter. Dunno what to do at this point. Wait 2 weeks I guess.

I just bottled a New England IPA I brewed, and I used midnight wheat thinking it would give me color and no bitterness. Well, now I'm curious if it was midnight wheat or something else, because it's so bitter. like overly bitter. Dunno what to do at this point. Wait 2 weeks I guess.
ok now I'm thinking, did I burn the priming sugar while boiling it beforehand or something?

My guess would be it's still green. Yeast in suspension give a bitter flavor. Let it sit a few days and try it again.

well, it's in the bottle. so I hope that clears it up in 2 weeks, otherwise the beer will be for nothing. Hops will start fading soon after that.

Off to brew a batch of ESB today , nice change of pace from my hop bombs and a lovely warm day to brew !
Sping has finally sprung and I doubt you could slap the smile off my face today

Back