I brewed today!

Brewing up a double IPA today, 4 oz of hops going into a 3 gallon boil. 3oz Citra and 1oz Galaxy... calculated for 175/75 chloride to sulfate on this one, and fermenting with London 3.

Dough in soon for an Agave Blonde, blonde ale with a bottle of agave syrup at flame out.

Just mashed in a White IPA and an American Wheat beer with same grain bill. The IPA will be just shy on abv for style but the wheat will fit style perfect. Lots of citrus hops in IPA @71 ibu and lighter citrus in the wheat @ 34ibu. Both with magnum bittering. Hope these help with the spring yard work!

Anno 2017 Maerzen is in the fridge at 12 degrees C (hat tip to all of those of you who DON'T use primitive measurements based on some dead king's anatomy). I do my Maerzens using at least the traditional process of brewing tem in spring to be served in the fall. This one will be ready for drinking by our annual Oktoberfest party in September.

My lagers all ferment at 12.8°. :p

Anno 2017 Maerzen is in the fridge at 12 degrees C (hat tip to all of those of you who DON'T use primitive measurements based on some dead king's anatomy). I do my Maerzens using at least the traditional process of brewing tem in spring to be served in the fall. This one will be ready for drinking by our annual Oktoberfest party in September.
You are one patient man Nosey I'd have that keg twice emptied before September :p. But I bet I will be fantastic come September ;)

Just got my grain for my Oktoberfest. Yes we are late brewing it but won't mess with it before the festival.
Have an excellent grain bill but keep messing with the hops.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/229682/head-first-octoberfest-iv
Any suggestions?
Yes the grain bill could be thinned out but doing just one step at a time.

This recipe has been published online at:
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/347923/head-first-octoberfest-v
Oops wrong recipe. try this?

Last edited:
Yet another beer I'll have to brew ahead of time , my birthday is in October so yet another reason to get one down .

I better buy more kegs !

mmmm Mash smells coming from my shed are making me thirsty , somehow ended up with higher volume and spot on SG into the boil ...shame my cube will only hold a finite amount of hot wort so may just steal a litre to freeze as a real wort starter rather than waste it

mmmm Amber ale , should be good for winter

Attachments

• IMG_20170417_113507.jpg
    IMG_20170417_113507.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 114
May be true, but who's here in this forum besides you Aussies and us?? :D

regulars ? Not many mate!
Post boil sample , hops losses were higher and i stole 1200 mls from mash as a starter for later
I read that as 1.062 temp corrected so still hit volume and OG targets
@Trialben the sample tube cost me $4 at at cheap shop it isn't pyrex but for samples it's just fine
i still have the plastic ones as a back up but they don't show the colour properly , all going to plan this beer will be entered in state brewing comp in August , if it does well enough ( doubt it will ) it'll go to nationals

Last year were only 5 entries in that class so only have to be top 3 to go to nationals

Attachments

• IMG_20170417_124416.jpg
    IMG_20170417_124416.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 107

Back