I brewed today!

Not always quick , got 34/70 working away slowly on the Bavarian Pils , day 7and only down to 1.028 from 1.051 so bumping up temp 2 degrees per day until it gets to 20°C for a D rest

Starting to taste the goods though yesterday , even the fast ferment sample wasn't that awful considering it was at 20 + for a lager yeast

Yep I'm cold crashing that swartzy brew its two weeks Old Wednesday I fermented at 12c for three days and upped the temp at 1.020 it Finnished following Sunday evening is at 1.010 so happy with 81% attenuation. Not as much Sulfur smell on this brew though.

Not always quick , got 34/70 working away slowly on the Bavarian Pils , day 7and only down to 1.028 from 1.051 so bumping up temp 2 degrees per day until it gets to 20°C for a D rest
Sounds like you want to brew in a microwave! Impatient for a lager to finish after only one week?

Yup. I can make 2 lagers at a time, and I'd run dry if I didn't have an ale operation (or 3) going as well!

With temps warming up here its about time for an ambient saison ....get it at 28+ C° and it should get a bit funky ....thinkbi just made my plans for Sunday !
Rye saison coming up
What fruit is coming into season? Saison goes well with light fruit additions:D

Mangoes are just coming into full boom in Qld , I'll think about adding some but want the Rye spice and yeast Funk to be the hero here

Now to decide on a yeast

I'm gunna have a crack at one of these after Christmas I'll let you pave the way on this one Mark be sure to post your brew mate? You saying 28c ferment temp? You want stable ferment temp too saison sounds like an interesting and unpredictable brew. I had my first saison the other day it was a blackberry saison and man it was yum after one I was ready for more

Ok brewed that lemongrass wheat beer today everything fell into place until it came to racking to fermentor all that stringy lemongrass and clumpy ginger clogged me tap about halfway through! No amount of stirring would fix it so I ended up lifting the whole keg and dumping it into my fermentor :eek:;) yep ha ha didn't think of that one:p. So I got 23 lt of wort in fermentor at about 1.044 not counting the 500g of honey I'll add in a few days.
5 hour brew day done just gotta wait till worts chilled to pitch temp and get them yeasties working for me!.

Ok brewed that lemongrass wheat beer today everything fell into place until it came to racking to fermentor all that stringy lemongrass and clumpy ginger clogged me tap about halfway through! No amount of stirring would fix it so I ended up lifting the whole keg and dumping it into my fermentor :eek:;) yep ha ha didn't think of that one:p. So I got 23 lt of wort in fermentor at about 1.044 not counting the 500g of honey I'll add in a few days.
5 hour brew day done just gotta wait till worts chilled to pitch temp and get them yeasties working for me!.

Don't know what the intake of your tap looks like but on my keggle I have a 90 degree tip down and stuff a stainless steel scrubber under it. It forms a filter barrier that keeps it from plugging. I use whole hops too and they help filter the trub and other gunk. Don't know if you have them down there but a SS scrubber is for scouring pots and pans. Put it in before the boil. The lemon grass would help filter instead of plug with the scrubber.

Cheers yep we've definitely got em you live and learn I'll Be putting one on end of pick up next time for sure. thanks heaps for the tip head first. I took the ball valve apart and some strands of some plant matter was even in ball valve.

went to the shop today just to ask some questions and see if they had D-90 Syrup... and now I'm brewing what a 9.5% Belgian Quad. hehe.

3 gal boil -> 2.25 batch size
Belgian Pils, Munich 10L, Torrified Wheat for the mash.
After the mash I'm adding a good amount of DME Pilsen, and that D-90, pitching 2 packs of WLP500.

To be cellared in the bottle for 12 months.

Actually yesterday, Janet's Brown from Brewing Classic Styles. This time went by the book almost exactly, but tripled it to do a 15gal batch with my system. My assistant was working so it was a full day for me by the time I got things cleaned up. Bubbling wonderfully in the fermenters now. Can't wait this is a great beer.

Rain here on boxing day .... yesterday was 40 C so todays a great day to brew !
couldn't get my hands on Amarillo , Citra or Cascade so will be doing my House Rye XPA with Chinook , Centennial and Galaxy instead.
Trying out Wyeast 1272 for the first time as well .

While i'm at it and have a few days off i'll make up the kit based Rye Saison for a club kit beer case swap

Back