I brewed today!

1.056 I came in at I guess I didn't use enough mash water and overshot my gravity which is perfect well better than undershooting right.

Hop Stand for the keg Taiheke 25g don't wanna over do it for this wheat beer wanna be (maybe I'll call it that lol)View attachment 27332
I diluted this down 2.5 lt it'll recieve 1 lt RWS to bring it up nearer to the top maybe risky being a wheat beer I'll see what the starter does now it's got more gravity in it.

Diluted the keggle down 2lt it hit 1.048 my expected OG now WP smells Fing amazing 50g Vic Secret 25g Zamba.
It'll get the same on Dry hop.

Awesome brew day other than that stoggy sparge to be expected with buckwheat that shoit scares me man!
View attachment 27333
Right looks like a bomb hit the Joint lol! :oops: :D
Did you use rice hulls?

Brewed 4th quarter brew today.

Attachments

• 20231119_101752.jpg
    20231119_101752.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 46
image.jpg
My Best IPA+ is in the care of the yeast now, a relatively fresh (5 days old) slurry of Wyeast 1056 American Ale that came from my recently bottled Amber Ale. Preliminary measurements of starting gravity using both hydrometer and refractometer are in agreement, missing projected O.G. by a point on the low side - close enough at 1.061. The wort was clear during transfer, with good aroma and flavor. About 4 days before bottling, I will dry hop this with 14 +/- grams of Mosaic. Looking forward to this finished beer.

The thing I like about repitch.
Pitching slurry derived from (relatively expensive) liquid yeast is economical, so why not give it another go. I do this frequently, even with slurry derived from dry yeast. Frugality is a good characteristic taught to me by my late mother.

View attachment 27368My Best IPA+ is in the care of the yeast now, a relatively fresh (5 days old) slurry of Wyeast 1056 American Ale that came from my recently bottled Amber Ale. Preliminary measurements of starting gravity using both hydrometer and refractometer are in agreement, missing projected O.G. by a point on the low side - close enough at 1.061. The wort was clear during transfer, with good aroma and flavor. About 4 days before bottling, I will dry hop this with 14 +/- grams of Mosaic. Looking forward to this finished beer.
1.061ish sounds kind of the way I like to drink them:) And, I do like Mosaic.
My attempts have been more at a Pale Ale in the 1.055 range. The list of things I want to do is starting to get longer LOL. This work shit sucks.

Pitching slurry derived from (relatively expensive) liquid yeast is economical, so why not give it another go. I do this frequently, even with slurry derived from dry yeast. Frugality is a good characteristic taught to me by my late mother.
If I'm making back-to-back batches of the same thing, it's a no-brainer. My brewing schedule has been pretty sketchy lately with all the remodeling projects this year, so I haven't been keeping the slurry off the last few batches, not knowing when I'd get to brew again. The latest, though, I did repitch the S-33 from the previous SMaSH. It was originally a dry yeast packet as well.

If I'm making back-to-back batches of the same thing, it's a no-brainer. My brewing schedule has been pretty sketchy lately with all the remodeling projects this year, so I haven't been keeping the slurry off the last few batches, not knowing when I'd get to brew again. The latest, though, I did repitch the S-33 from the previous SMaSH. It was originally a dry yeast packet as well.
If the yeast fits the style, I will pitch slurry from a different style, no question. And I made this decision on the fly, as I had a packet of US-05 at the ready, but wanted to use the fresh slurry instead.
After I make my first Vienna Lager, then I will make another batch of stout, for which I have a jar of slurry saved from the last batch of stout. Given that slurry is almost a month old, I might need to make a vitality starter to wake it up before use. We’ll see when it is time. That slurry came from Wyeast 1332 Northwest Ale (liquid), so it needs another round for cost effectiveness.

Back