Home made pizza

There is a place at the back of the deschutes brewery pub in Bend OR we call the group w bench. You know, “the usual suspects,” especially on a Friday night. Stop in and have a beer with us if you are ever in town.

It was so good I had to do another one

Attachments

• 20180506_120554_resized.jpg
    20180506_120554_resized.jpg
    836.8 KB · Views: 169
There is a place at the back of the deschutes brewery pub in Bend OR we call the group w bench. You know, “the usual suspects,” especially on a Friday night. Stop in and have a beer with us if you are ever in town.

We stayed at the Old St. Francis School a couple of years ago an did some walking around the neighborhood. Is this a business? I recall a couple of restaurants on the street behind Deschutes, but not with that name.

We have buzzed over to Portland on a couple of brewery hops and want to eventually do Bend too. Not this year but maybe next spring or summer.

We stayed at the Old St. Francis School a couple of years ago an did some walking around the neighborhood. Is this a business? I recall a couple of restaurants on the street behind Deschutes, but not with that name.
Yes, St Francis is a McMenamins pub and hotel and going strong. It’s about a 1/2 mile straight south of Deschutes on Bond st.

Yes, St Francis is a McMenamins pub and hotel and going strong. It’s about a 1/2 mile straight south of Deschutes on Bond st.

I really liked their whiskey and cigar bar.

My new simple fast recipe, use any flour and it's ready in 3 hours

My Pizza Sauce

Ingredients
• 2- 4 oz. cans of tomato sauce
• 2 tsp dried basil
• 2 tsp sugar
• 2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 2 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp onion powder or flakes
• (optional)
• 2 tb olive oil
• pinch of red pepper flakes
• or 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Instructions
1. Combine water and sauce in a pan and mix well
2. Add spices and mix well
3. Cook on a stove, simmer for an hour, it should be thick soupy texture and coat the back of a spoon but thin enough to spread easily on the pizza. Keep in mind that the sauce thickens a bit in the oven, so if it is too thick to begin with you will end up with paste.

My Pizza Dough

Ingredients
• 2 sifted cups of flour
• 1 tb yeast
• 1 tb salt
• 3 tb sugar
• 1 tb olive oil
• 1 ½ cups warm water
Instructions
1. Mix well in dough mixer, add flour or water to make a wet ball not sticky
2. Cover with plastic and let rise for 2 hours in a warm place
3. Add flour to the wet dough and pan and shape into a disk stretching out as far as you can
4. Roll with dough roller to the edges of pan
5. Cover and let rise again on the pan for an hour in a warm place
6. Use spiked roller to aerate leaving a crust
7. Add sauce, cheese and toppings
8. Bake on bottom rack at 500 for 15 minutes

Back