Harvest

Didn't plant much of a garden this year. We were on vacation when I usually plant. Got a couple of tomato plants in before we left, even though it was before the danger of frost ended. The first pic is a plant that only had a few leaves left after the last frost. The other pic is a plant that was about 25' away and wasn't damaged at all. We've been getting about a 2 gallon bucket off of the two a day for the last few days and they're just hitting their peak.
View attachment 6956 View attachment 6957
Planted a few peppers when we got home from Ireland. They're just starting to load up with fruit, although I have picked a few Jalapenos.
Those cherry tomatoes look delicious Bob.

My son grows all different kinds of hot peppers and he gave me this small potted Cayenne plant for my birthday a couple months back, and from a 6” plant 5 weeks ago... it has over 25 peppers on it now.

This photo was taken two weeks ago.

14F5EEA5-339A-48A1-90AE-AFFFDA845458.jpeg

Cayennes are good producers as a rule. I learned that many years ago when I planted 6 of them :)
Those tomatoes are Early Girls. Most of the tomatoes we're picking are about 2" to 2.5". The size of the plants make them look small I guess. The plants are about 5' tall.

Didn't plant much of a garden this year. We were on vacation when I usually plant. Got a couple of tomato plants in before we left, even though it was before the danger of frost ended. The first pic is a plant that only had a few leaves left after the last frost. The other pic is a plant that was about 25' away and wasn't damaged at all. We've been getting about a 2 gallon bucket off of the two a day for the last few days and they're just hitting their peak.
View attachment 6956 View attachment 6957
Planted a few peppers when we got home from Ireland. They're just starting to load up with fruit, although I have picked a few Jalapenos.
Wow that is one happy chappy tomatoes plant Bob love ya stuff mate!

Those cherry tomatoes look delicious Bob.

My son grows all different kinds of hot peppers and he gave me this small potted Cayenne plant for my birthday a couple months back, and from a 6” plant 5 weeks ago... it has over 25 peppers on it now.

This photo was taken two weeks ago.

View attachment 6958
Yep looks mighty close to the chilly I got of a Indian lady years back and just kept planting them seeds year after year. Yep as bob said once they start firing they can sure pump out some produce. I did simillar as bob when I moved in my new place and planted 4 I got KGs of the stuff too much for a two chilly stir fry man like myself.
Culled them to one plant recently.

Here we go went out and got hop garden all sorted this arvo and thought whilst I'm feeding weeding and mulching I might as well dig a bit of my pet ginger plant I grew over the last summer season. I fed this sucker nicely with most my wood working sawdust piled it up nicely around the root crown and have a look at how it's rewarded me for my effort and remember this is just a quarter of the root crown.:)
20190830_180051.jpg

Anyone guess how much that chunk weighs?
1555grams or 1.5kg sometimes this stuff fetches $30/kg in Aus:D!

Hey anyone see the ghost brew dog in the background? Black as the night Lol!

Me thinks some ginger beer is in your f
Here we go went out and got hop garden all sorted this arvo and thought whilst I'm feeding weeding and mulching I might as well dig a bit of my pet ginger plant I grew over the last summer season. I fed this sucker nicely with most my wood working sawdust piled it up nicely around the root crown and have a look at how it's rewarded me for my effort and remember this is just a quarter of the root crown.:)View attachment 7084
Anyone guess how much that chunk weighs?
1555grams or 1.5kg sometimes this stuff fetches $30/kg in Aus:D!

Hey anyone see the ghost brew dog in the background? Black as the night Lol!

Nice! I see some spiced beers in your future.

We were supposed to get frost this morning, but it only got down to 34. Reno got some snow flurries late yesterday afternoon, but we didn't. Got just about everything harvested, so nor worried about frost now.

Back