Craigerrr's Travels

Yes. I was referring to "Who is John Galt?"
I think I get your reference now, The City of Cambridge was incorporated in the 1970's. This brought together Galt, Preston and Hespeler. Long time residents in each of the communities still have a bit of a rivalry. Many would never move to either of the other communities... Galt was named after John Galt.
Screenshot_20210702-194229_Chrome.jpg

Starting to gear up for the next camping adventure, another trip to the "Near North" of Ontario. Oastler Lake Provincial Park, just a 2.5 hour trip. The park is about 20 minutes from Parry Sound, the famed home of the one and only Bobby Orr, in my opinion the greatest player to ever put on a pair of skates. Someone lamented back in the day that it was too bad there wasn't a better league for him to play in. He was that much better than any other player!
Screenshot_20210722-200917_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20210722-200808_Maps.jpg

I, for one, love these posts.

Keep travelin’ @Craigerrr.
Thank you sir!
I like to share the beauty of this part of the world that I am blessed to be in:)
In this part of the Province, there are so many lakes, that I can only imagine that many do not have names!
I also suspect that there are a great many lakes that are not depicted in this screenshot, I measured a distance of 25 miles (40 kilometers) just to give a bit of perspective. The larger bit f water there that says "Parry Sound" in it isn't truly a sound. A sound is more of a "sea, or ocean inlet which is fed by fresh water. A sound is larger than a bay, Parry Sound is part of Georgian Bay, which is part of Lake Huron, one of those Great Lakes!

upload_2021-7-22_21-47-27.png

upload_2021-7-22_21-56-22.png

upload_2021-7-22_21-56-59.png

upload_2021-7-22_22-0-2.png

Thank you sir!
I like to share the beauty of this part of the world that I am blessed to be in:)
In this part of the Province, there are so many lakes, that I can only imagine that many do not have names!
I also suspect that there are a great many lakes that are not depicted in this screenshot, I measured a distance of 25 miles (40 kilometers) just to give a bit of perspective. The larger bit f water there that says "Parry Sound" in it isn't truly a sound. A sound is more of a "sea, or ocean inlet which is fed by fresh water. A sound is larger than a bay, Parry Sound is part of Georgian Bay, which is part of Lake Huron, one of those Great Lakes!

View attachment 16746

View attachment 16747

View attachment 16748

View attachment 16749
Holly shoit that's some water comming from one of the dryist country's on earth it's almost unfathomable.

Starting to gear up for the next camping adventure, another trip to the "Near North" of Ontario. Oastler Lake Provincial Park, just a 2.5 hour trip. The park is about 20 minutes from Parry Sound, the famed home of the one and only Bobby Orr, in my opinion the greatest player to ever put on a pair of skates. Someone lamented back in the day that it was too bad there wasn't a better league for him to play in. He was that much better than any other player!
View attachment 16742

View attachment 16743
And Bobby Orr could fly as well as skate.

Craig - the last time I was above Parry Sound I was at a place called Biscotasing. Lots of small to mid sized pike and pickerel in the lake there. No bass. Not sure how they keep them out.

Great dog beach here.
We are camping with some friends, they have younger kids (first pic). Their puppy Winston was napping, some they came to play with Ruby. Connor, the youngest, use to call her Wooby:p
20210802_122241.jpg
20210802_122524.jpg

There are a lot of campsites right on the water here, pretty amazing! There are also some sites that are pretty high up, great view to wake up to in the morning. Our trailer is too big for any of these sites. More for tent camping, or real small trailers.
20210802_124601.jpg
20210802_124627.jpg
20210802_124807.jpg
20210802_124813.jpg
20210802_124849.jpg

Thanks for sharing @Craigerrr that looks like a beautiful place to camp.
My wife and I have a camping trip at a lake in the Eastern Sierra planned for mid-September, then another shorter trip to local mountains in mid-October. We are very much looking forward to both outings.

Thanks for sharing @Craigerrr that looks like a beautiful place to camp.
My wife and I have a camping trip at a lake in the Eastern Sierra planned for mid-September, then another shorter trip to local mountains in mid-October. We are very much looking forward to both outings.
Be sure to share buddy!

When I was a kid my Grandparents lived in Elliot Lake, famed for its uranium mines in the 60's, and 70's. That is probably a 2-3 hours north of where we are camping right now. We would normally spend at least a couple weeks there in the summer, and would drive north from there with every container Grandma owned to go blueberry picking. She would bag them up, and freeze them. There always blueberry pancakes for breakfast at Grandma's!
So a little trip down memory lane this morning, blueberry pancakes with wild blueberries. The wild berries are very small, and packed with flavor, unlike the big fat bland commercially grown berries you get at the store. Topped with REAL Maple syrup, mmmmmmmm. I closed my eyes when Barb put them on the table, it was just like Grandma did so many years ago!
20210803_095032.jpg
20210803_095751.jpg

Back