Craigerrr's Travels

My daughter is heading to Nirth Bay Ontario this fall for two years of Teachers College after earning her University Undergrad this spring. Today was moving day. She and her boyfriend (of 7 years), as well as my Son and his girlfriend were the movers. I was the driver of the van (borrowed from my work). Hit the road at 7:30 this morning, and drove the 400 kilometers there. Helped them unload (took about a half hour), then got back in the van and drove home. The Mecedes Sprinter van is a real treat to drive. I had Adams GF Becca to chat with on the way up, on the way back I set the cruise at 120kmh and got the tunes rocking to keep me company! The rock cuts (lots of TNT used to blast) are just one after the other. You are looking at what is called the Canadian Shield. It is quite remote up there, the aggregate produced by all of the blasting was required to build the road
Screenshot_20210612-174806_Chrome.jpg
20210612_131242.jpg
20210612_131245.jpg

We are heading to Algonquin Provincial Park (pictured in the map above) at the end of the month. In area it is approximately the equivalent size of Rhode Island and Deleware added together.

400 kilometers is approx 250 miles
120 kph is approximately 75mph
Here is my route, a solid 8 hours of driving today! (@Sunfire96 is thinking "ya, big whip Craigerrr, I did that every day for about a week!).
View attachment 16189
Still nothing to snuff at!! That's a long day no matter who you are. And it took us a good 4 days to recover after our marathon drive :D enjoy your trip!! I hope Ruby is having fun

Heading out tomorrow morning for 7 nights in Algonquin Provincial Park. We booked two sites one for the kids, and one for us. We get the first couple of nights to ourselves, then the kids will start arriving on Monday. The weather looks a little concerning, but it is what it is...
Algonquin Park was designated a National Historic Site in 2005.
As mentioned in the post above it is roughly the area of Rhode Island and Delaware combined.
It will be my first time back here since my early 20's when I went on a 5 day canoe trip into the interior.

upload_2021-6-25_11-13-56.png

upload_2021-6-25_11-15-29.png

Relax, under your clothes you're waterproof...
At least there won't be a fire ban due to an extended drought! The bright side Craigerrr, look on the bright side!

Unlike over here where it's supposed to hit near 40C in the next week.

Left home just before 10 this morning, arrived to check in at 2pm. If I haven't posted it before, here is our camping (glamping) setup. Rained on and off for the whole trip, mostly on though to be honest.
20210626_140748.jpg

Raining like a son of a gun now!
20210626_171835.jpg

25 millimeters = approx 1"
Screenshot_20210626-173603_Weather Network.jpg

Used to canoe in the park back in the day. That was back when you were allowed beer in the boat.

Used to canoe in the park back in the day. That was back when you were allowed beer in the boat.
Cool! Last time I was here was in the early 80's, a canoe trip into the interior, we started out from Rock Lake.

It is a bit of a hike down a hill, but we found a spot for Ruby to swim, beautiful lake.

20210627_123639.jpg

She had her swim, and fetched her ball for a while, just chillin like a villain now! I will get some pictures of her in the water next trip down there.

20210627_133630.jpg

It rained all evening and through the night, but no rain so far today. It is supposed to start back up this evening and rain heavily through the night again.

Getting close to Miller time!

20210627_123934.jpg

Back