Community recipe?

That sounds good to me. My main reason for asking about the community recipe was to brew beers I otherwise probably wouldn't, and would need to spend far too long finding/tweaking a recipe. I'm with Ben, I'd love to brew your favorite beers! :) A quarterly schedule works for me. I usually have my next 1-2 months of recipes planned

So many of you guys make beers that look awesome. Heck even make them a month before the zoom meeting and do a virtual tasting. For those (like me probably) make it using some ingredient close. Like yeast I pretty much use S-04 for any british and 34/70 for any lager. Be cool to how things turn out for everyone

Agree, and since I proposed Nautical Star, i'm out for round 1.

So many of you guys make beers that look awesome. Heck even make them a month before the zoom meeting and do a virtual tasting. For those (like me probably) make it using some ingredient close. Like yeast I pretty much use S-04 for any british and 34/70 for any lager. Be cool to how things turn out for everyone
A month counts out most Lagers, but no big deal.

I am thinking that my next brew will be an ESB. Might do David Heaths recipe straight up. I haven't thought any further forward than that. For now, I throw out ESB as a suggestion, be it David Heaths, or another. I have an alternate recipe from CB&B. A little dodgy to copy paste etc. from my phone. If there is interest in this, I will post the two recipes.

I am thinking that my next brew will be an ESB. Might do David Heaths recipe straight up. I haven't thought any further forward than that. For now, I throw out ESB as a suggestion, be it David Heaths, or another. I have an alternate recipe from CB&B. A little dodgy to copy paste etc. from my phone. If there is interest in this, I will post the two recipes.
I'd like to try brewing an ESB for sure

If you want an ESB then can I suggest this?

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/638198/old-crafty-hen-clone-

Not my original recipe - I tweaked someone else's recipe for the basic Speckled Hen (a UK favourite) - to try and achieve the stronger version - an Oaky (hint) and 6.2%.
I have yet to make it myself but 3 others have though I don't know what the results are.
I have the oak chips and will need to soak them in vodka - to sterilise them of course - before using them (well that's what I have read you need to do) but since I have never used them before that stage may not be necessary - especially if they go into the boil. Has anyone any ideas?

Yep tie it in with a Zoom meeting that way we could taste test the community beer together and do a bit a go around see what people think.

Theres enough regular members on here that if this is a quarterly thing weve got years worth of recipies:D!

@Bubba Wade loves his belgian beers
Think of the variety of beers us brewers on here brew.
Craigerr with his NEIPA's
Me with my Kviek beers.
Nosey with his Kentucky common
JA with his Belgian/lagers
Bob with his west coasters I think that's herm as well.
Thunderwagon with his he brews everything:)
Steve with his cask style brews over there in the uk as well as Aharper and UKbrewer.
Or Zambezi with her cider and Belgians
Head first and all the rest I havnt mentioned
I'm sure it'll be a pretty interesting recipe rotation.

Just how to figure out an order of things.

I think obviously @Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews must have the first take at this.
As hes already suggested this recipe it's up to you bulin if you wanna change it to one of your tried and true shady bohemians or manky Sally's?

One brew at a time: ESB has been proposed. Objections? If none, let's take a classic recipe, say from BYO or "Brewing Classic Styles" as a base recipe then let our creativity run wild...

Here is David's recipe, I copied it from his Brewfather account. Other than substituting the malts for what are available, I would vote that we go with this recipe.
Screenshot_20201115-165023_Brewfather.jpg
Screenshot_20201115-165036_Brewfather.jpg

If you want an ESB then can I suggest this?

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/638198/old-crafty-hen-clone-

Not my original recipe - I tweaked someone else's recipe for the basic Speckled Hen (a UK favourite) - to try and achieve the stronger version - an Oaky (hint) and 6.2%.
I have yet to make it myself but 3 others have though I don't know what the results are.
I have the oak chips and will need to soak them in vodka - to sterilise them of course - before using them (well that's what I have read you need to do) but since I have never used them before that stage may not be necessary - especially if they go into the boil. Has anyone any ideas?
I like Speckled Hen as well, your recipe is 6.2%, the Hen is 5.2%.

I like Speckled Hen as well, your recipe is 6.2%, the Hen is 5.2%.
Yes this should have been Old Crafty Hen... my error. I'll need to change the recipe text. Thanks for that.

Greene-King-Old-Crafty-Hen-garrafa-500ml.jpg

@Craigerrr ...Interesting that you posted this beer. I just came across a recipe for homemade “golden syrup” that I planned on giving a go. Unfortunately my brewing is booked until January.

Back