Community recipe?

Sunfire96

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I see that ya'll used to do a community recipe every few months...what happened? That sounds super interesting, would anyone be interested in getting that going again?

starting out heavy in the specialty grains, eh? lol

We did one aka "Nautical Stout".
Then it just tapered off after that so yup I'm down for something. Scottish Export sounds good to me:rolleyes:

Unfortunately I've got my next three batches all ready to go so I may be a late comer if you guys get something going. The Nautical Star from the last go round is up next for me.

Looks doable that crystal 200 might be hard to match my end of the globe.
But the rest looks gettable maybe I'll go roasted barley in place of the prince.
And it might end up with kviek :rolleyes:

Welp, my next brew will probably be an extra pale ale. Maybe we can try again in the future! :)

I proposed the Nautical Star - who wants to go next?

Well how about this, tried to check all the boxes and keep it as simple as possible...

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1072028/international-export-007

Looks very good. I have made a copy and converted it for all the "Squirrels" as you call us - apparently - i.e. all using Imperial measures. It is on my list of beers to do next.

I've kept the same name: Oh and I have tweaked the water to make it like the water we have in my home town of Edinburgh - where McEwans Export comes from.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1075932/international-export-007

4354B23F-B668-4345-A3F0-3C1B0CAD8460.jpeg
Looks very good. I have made a copy and converted it for all the "Squirrels" as you call us - apparently - i.e. all using Imperial measures. It is on my list of beers to do next.

I've kept the same name: Oh and I have tweaked the water to make it like the water we have in my home town of Edinburgh - where McEwans Export comes from.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1075932/international-export-007
I had McEwans on draft In Edinburgh and it was heavenly. Took a pic so I wouldn’t forget to look in stores

Probably next brew for me. I’ll have to put some C60 in the oven to get the darker malt. Not placing any orders yet. I have enough grain Left for 4 brews I won’t be able to do this recipe as is until I order stuff otherwise

So I've been giving the community recipe thing a bit more thought the evening.

Why dont we do a bit of a pass the buck type thing where one by one the regular brewers on this forum can put forward their favourite homebrew recipe they brew regularly? It could be a quarterly thing or more frequently just to give everyone time to make a choice to go ahead and brew it and gather ingredients for the recipe.
Maybe it could work?

A bit of a speal about what you love about it, why you brew it so often.
Maybe different variations you've tried or yeast choices one could think about using when brewing.

This could also be a way to test our brewing abilities and make us brew beers we dont brew.

Anyhow what do we think you rekon it might be a goer?

I would be more than happy to brew your fav recipes.
Cheers.;)

Why dont we do a bit of a pass the buck type thing where one by one the regular brewers on this forum can put forward their favourite homebrew recipe they brew regularly? It could be a quarterly thing or more frequently just to give everyone time to make a choice to go ahead and brew it and gather ingredients for the recipe.
Maybe it could work?

Maybe different variations you've tried or yeast choices one could think about using when brewing.

This could also be a way to test our brewing abilities and make us brew beers we dont brew.

Cheers.;)
Yeah my main thing right now is the planning. In order to take advantage of MoreBeer's free shipping program I'm now ordering ingredients for 3-4 brews at once. That and the fact I'm currently at about a one brew a month pace means I currently have all my brews through February planned. I have a porter planned for January so I could actually with a couple substitutions make a similar beer to you guys. I would just have a pound of victory malt I'd have to figure out how to repurpose. What a terrible problem to have! :D

Maybe it could work?

Cheers.;)
This is a good way to do it.

Back