Brew Names

Yuppers....that's why I took a hint from the masters View attachment 23324 and why I'm a fan of "crown art" because after a while...all the brown bottles look the same and it helps with the menu!
View attachment 23326
And all you that think that you are not creative...stop selling yourself short! The Art is in the glass! ;)
That's genius! Why haven't I thought of writing anything other than the abbreviation for the style on the cap?

Yuppers....that's why I took a hint from the masters View attachment 23324 and why I'm a fan of "crown art" because after a while...all the brown bottles look the same and it helps with the menu!
View attachment 23326
And all you that think that you are not creative...stop selling yourself short! The Art is in the glass! ;)

I'm lazy
I use different colour bottle tops.
Been busy brewing, so now I'm running out of colours, so I need to finish blue top. Then it's available for my brew thats ready for bottling this weekend!

(I ordered more colours :) )

3/4" stick-on dots and a sharpie.

caps.jpg

Wow there are some really cool ideas here. Thank you all for the great ideas. I have been having fun coming up with names. I think I will only do labels for special brews and maybe when giving a six pack away. Also I am coming up with fun names to keep my recipes seperate. I am so glad to be part of such a cool community. Thank you all

Dang, I am going to have to do some tweaking of my stuff now to find what works best for me

You're among friends man, this is a safe space. I'm sure it's a good one
Ok..
I was listening to a podcast and Mitch Steele mentioned that Bierstadt had a British pub in the corner of one of their brew pubs. As a history guy I then thought of St. George and the dragon and Holy Roman Empire eagles. How about Eagle and Dragon or Dragon and eagle? A crest with the 2 “creatures” facing each other.

Ok..
I was listening to a podcast and Mitch Steele mentioned that Bierstadt had a British pub in the corner of one of their brew pubs. As a history guy I then thought of St. George and the dragon and Holy Roman Empire eagles. How about Eagle and Dragon or Dragon and eagle? A crest with the 2 “creatures” facing each other.
You could also create a coat of arms with an idea like that. Eagle and Dragon in upper corners, beer glass and hops in the lower corners.

You could also create a coat of arms with an idea like that. Eagle and Dragon in upper corners, beer glass and hops in the lower corners.
Not a bad idea. I like the symmetry

I got a buddy teaches art at my school but worked 10 years in advertising I may have scribble some stuff.

Ok..
Has a very Tolkien air to it, I like!

Ok..

I love that idea Josh! Your British beers would fit nicely under the Dragon and your German beers would fit nicely under the Eagle.

When brewing up a beer I find myself trying to come up with a fun name for the brew. I have a background as a Dungeon Master and Player of D&D. I have been playing for many years. As part of this, I have a Character that is my default to go to when I get to play. Additionally, I have a Discord game server called the Cracked Bell Inn. I have been coming up with D&D related names for beers and meads that are in the wings.

My question to all of you is this.

How do you come up with names for your beers?

My first beer was a golden ale I named "Darling I Love You But Give Me Park Avenue." I live on Park Avenue, and the name just sorta popped into my head. Every beer now has a name of a street from my small town. Some are sorta related to the beer (OAKtoberfest) or to the original name of an extract recipe (W North Street Story for Northwest Pale Ale), while others are seemingly random (Wizard of Wolf Place). Sometimes I know the name well ahead of time, but more often I come up with it as i sit down to create a label. :)

Back