Breaker, breaker good buddy

I have my liquid line assembled and in some One Step. I'm looking forward to trying my first ever own homebrew on tap tonight when I get home! It's a chocolate raspberry porter that my wife requested. I told her 3 weeks ago when it was ready to bottle that it'd be quicker to wait and keg it. Oops! I was not anticipating trouble with getting my keezer collar finished. The guy building it says Friday maybe.

jeffpn said:
..I told her 3 weeks ago when it was ready to bottle that it'd be quicker to wait and keg it. Oops! I was not anticipating trouble with getting my keezer collar finished. The guy building it says Friday maybe.
...and that's why I try to avoid all questions of "when" if at all possible, because I never know what the grumpy beer gods are going to throw my way.

Yeah, because of this my wife also resurrected a story from a couple decades ago about how I convinced her that it'd be quicker to fly to Florida (from Ohio) than to drive. With the delays we experienced, it was not!

I wonder what I'd hear from her if I brought up something she did twenty years ago!! :lol:

ha ha that reminds me when I had a regular trip from Tulsa to San Antonio once a week, in the car you run into rush our traffic that slows to a crawl especially during road construction, so decided to fly one week and the plane stopped at Dallas then you re board another plane to take off to San Antonio which I thought was stupid, the flying turned out slower :twisted:

Success!! 1st ever tapped homebrew! Chocolate raspberry porter gets two thumbs up from my lovely bride!

The head is short lived, but it did pour quite nicely.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 362
Ozarks Mountain Brew said:
congrats, they only get better with age
Thanks, I'll tell her what you said about her!! :lol:

Here's a rough idea of what I've got. He did a fantastic job of building the collar. (He also ships his products anywhere in the United States, I believe.) I'll have to shim the hinges a good 1/4" or so. The entire hinge will fit on the collar.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 385
nice looking, Im a master wood worker, in my younger days grew up making custom cabinets, I can always tell by the grain placement and joints that this guys good ;)

He thought it'd look better with the taps evenly spaced across the entire front. The unit will be tucked into a corner, so I want the taps where you won't bump your elbow!

jeffpn said:
Success!! 1st ever tapped homebrew! Chocolate raspberry porter gets two thumbs up from my lovely bride!

The head is short lived, but it did pour quite nicely.
Did you get any raspberry taste in it? I can always get the chocolatey taste in my porters, just fine, by using roasted & chocolate malts. I don't care for the flavor the cacao nibs impart. Just too strong for my tastebuds, and cloyingly sweet for some reason. I like the more subtle notes from the malts.

The Raspberry is fake. A 4 oz bottle designed for flavoring beer. The taste is very much there. Too much for me, but my wife likes it. To me, the chocolate flavor is more subtle.

Edit: I've shared the recipe if you want to take a look at it. It's called Brown Porter. I don't have the raspberry flavoring in the ingredients. It's a 4 oz bottle is all.

I have the collar attached to the lid hinges. That was a royal pain! Definitely not my strong suit. It doesn't look perfect, but I think it's sealed as well as it can possibly be. And the imperfection is on the backside, so who cares?? I had to shim the hinges with 11/16" thick blocks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 479
It's finished! It's usable for the 2 kegs I have full, anyway. I don't know if I'm happier with the chicken feeder drip tray, or the decorative stand that it sits on!

My plan right now is to have my 6-way manifold at serving pressure, and the 4-way manifold for force carbonating. I'll have hoses hanging from the manifold ready to use when needed.

If I add 2 more kegs for a total of 8, I'll replumb the manifolds and make it 8 for serving and 2 for force carbonating.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 473
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 475
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 477
I've got a Scottish Ale that's overdue for packaging. Next week I'll keg my Munich Helles. Last week I did a Spotted Cow clone (recipe found here). Today I brewed a Belgian Golden Ale. Next Monday I'll brew my Kölsch. It won't be long!

I came home from work tonight and found this. My daughter dressed it up for me! :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 480
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 464
Yeah. But she didn't leave the dry erase marker so I could do my labeling!

Back