Breaker, breaker good buddy

I had the same issues, all the new freezers have terrible metal and dent easily with just using a dolly, I gave up and picked mine up my self in my truck in the box, unboxed on the ground and wallah no dents

That freezer has gone a long way by the time I've seen it. I picked up the first one at the store. I watched them unload the second one that was delivered to my house. Too bad they can't just replicate one for me.

Drip trays are ridiculously expensive. I think this will do nicely. Without the top, of course!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 404
Third time is a charm! I finally had a freezer delivered to my home, and it is undamaged! Woo hoo!

one note about the drip tray, most of the drips will solidify in the lowest portion of the tray and attract gnats so just a tip keep it washed out before it turns into beer goo, after the first swat you'll realize Im not kidding :D

Thanks. It wouldn't be a big deal to rinse it out every night, based on where it is.

It turns out that woodworking is not my forte. I'm going to have to call for some help here. Neither the bottom nor the top of my collar is flat.

This is when you call your buddy that does finish carpentry work and see if he would like some homebrew for helping you with a little project. Open the bottles after the glue is drying. :D

Then what do I do with the bottle?!? :lol:

Hopefully my collar will be ready tomorrow. I'm sure it's going to look great. He's using oak to make it. It's significantly thinner than a 2x4 would be, so I may put some insulation in there.

Tonight I wired the STC-1000 that I will use for the keezer. That makes 4 of them that I have. Have you ever stopped to think how much money you would want to get if you sold all of your brewing equipment??

This is definitely a hobby where you can spend any amount you want to spend!

if you figure out how much you would spend on micro brewery beer "store bought" which is $7 to $10 per six pack and calculated how much you drink of it..... it would also shock you, it pays to make it your self

a 5 gallon kegs yields 2 cases of beer which store bought could be as much as $80

That's usually one of the first questions people ask me. They ask how much ingredients cost, and what my yield is. I can see them doing the math in their head, as to whether it's worth the trouble to brew their own beer. It's never been about cost savings to me, or even most brewers I talk to. This is really just a hobby to me. I think most of us here would agree.

I've got 3 batches ready to keg when I do get my collar. I'll have a fourth batch in 2 weeks. I need to get a couple ales going so I can get 6 kegs in there. That's how many tap holes he's drilling. He asked me if he could use a wider wood than I told him to use. That will result in a taller collar than planned. But that will allow 2 more kegs sitting on the compressor shelf, if I choose to do that.

Ok, so I rushed it a bit. My collar is probably a week out, so I kegged my first batch tonight. I've got it sitting in the garage with 30 lbs of CO2 on it. Tomorrow, I'm going to keg a lager. Then I'm going to put both of those kegs in the lagering chamber that I'll free up tomorrow. So I'll be drinking my first kegged homebrew by the end of the week!!

Well that was nice. This morning, I relieved the 30 lbs of pressure from my kegs so I could lower it to 10 lbs or so. I got a beer shower when I pushed the little poppet in, since I inadvertently hooked up the gas to the wrong side on one of the kegs. Oops!

jeffpn said:
I got a beer shower when I pushed the little poppet in, since I inadvertently hooked up the gas to the wrong side on one of the kegs. Oops!

That reminds me of a spring break in college once. That was some pretty cheap beer though, so your experience was probably better

I don't know. I didn't have any bikini clad babes!!

well, all i had were a bunch of dudes there, and one of their girlfriends. not exactly your classic spring break

you still may have one-upped me sir

Back