Bread Thread!

Have a look at this sweetheart boys and Girls
View attachment 10626
650g
15%rye
75%hydration
15% active starter.

@BOB357 I know you were having troubles with the oven spring. With this one I had about a 50% rise in the bulk proofing overnight so it only doubled by half. Then in the morning I dug it out onto the bench shaped it into a boul then put it in a cloth lined bowl tucked it in a plastic bag and poped it in the fridge until this arvo.

I baked in my cast iron skillet highest heat 250c 20mins then took lid off skillet and baked a further 20mins uncovered @200c.
View attachment 10627
The Crumb shot

Stoked with this one!
Lookin pretty crumby there Ben;)

image.jpg
Fresh out of the oven. The dough for this bread was crafted during yesterday’s brew session, as I fed starter while my wort was boiling. It looks good, and smells great.

Well thank you, Ben. Practice makes better, and patience helps.
Sure thing I like working with the sourdough in the winter here It takes its merry time to proof I'm sure come summer my overnight bulk proof schedule might need shortening up..thats the beauty working with a live organism I suppose you don't work to your schedule you work to it's schedule.

I had to google that. Are you using any specialty flour, or just all purpose?
Its El cheapo bleached all purpose. The last few loaves had some sort of blend of wheat, all purpose, and/or rye, so thought I'd go simple. Turned out quite nicely I think, kinda like a blonde. Also saved the other half for focacia or pizza
15938059918293122219447551156758.jpg

I can relate to that. Timing is a problem for me too, especially since the big weather transition into Summer.

Nice looking loaf, nonetheless.
Thanks, I think its my best one yet overall. I've been paying a little more attention to temperature lately, and the dough seems to benefit from a bit longer rest times than the book says

These look great, the crumb is too fine, i should have let them proof for a half hour or so before baking them.

Back