Smoking, grilling and curing foods, etc.

Dunno if I'm strange, but I like my cottage cheese loaded up with black pepper. Probably more normal is with pears. I load that up with black pepper too.

remember i posted that pic of the OZ Pig? in what did you recieve today thread..

well here is the little stinker in opperation its finally cooled off enough to break the little pig out.
see the side plates they heat up too for keeping things warm like them ongions i fried before putting the grill plate on.
20180427_185615.jpg

Dunno if I'm strange, but I like my cottage cheese loaded up with black pepper. Probably more normal is with pears. I load that up with black pepper too.
I like black pepper a lot. Both it and salt make an appearance with cottage cheese. I haven’t seen peaches with cottage cheese since my grandmother died. That was her way!

remember i posted that pic of the OZ Pig? in what did you recieve today thread..

well here is the little stinker in opperation its finally cooled off enough to break the little pig out.
see the side plates they heat up too for keeping things warm like them ongions i fried before putting the grill plate on.
View attachment 2938

Is it hard to regulate the heat/fire on that lil pig?

I load my cottage cheese with roasted green chilies and fresh ground black pepper. I also top almost all forms of eggs with it and more pepper! Another favorite is topping off with King Oscar Mediterranean sardines.
@jeffpn I think my grandmother did the same. Cottage cheese and canned peaches.

Is it hard to regulate the heat/fire on that lil pig?

I load my cottage cheese with roasted green chilies and fresh ground black pepper. I also top almost all forms of eggs with it and more pepper! Another favorite is topping off with King Oscar Mediterranean sardines.
@jeffpn I think my grandmother did the same. Cottage cheese and canned peaches.
mate it tis i chared the crap outta my first length of beaf:(.

tonight its good but not great like serve to subsequent questz and all.

ill let the flame die down more next sizzle but she's roaring for morem

atm its just spluttring a cold embering i gotta get to know it better

mate it tis i chared the crap outta my first length of beaf:(.

tonight its good but not great like serve to subsequent questz and all.

ill let the flame die down more next sizzle but she's roaring for morem

atm its just spluttring a cold embering i gotta get to know it better

I noticed large chunks going in fire box as the steak was starting. Try small sticks and think slow heat. I love a good steak on an open fire and that pig will cook one. You will figure it out. Use the prunings from fruit trees on a bed of coals. Think wood.

I finally replaced my charcoal grill today. The charcoal pan in the old grill was falling apart. You had to be careful where you put the coals, they’d fall right through. These are some wings that I thought I’d try the same marinade recipe as my currently drying beef jerky. Good bbq flavor!

Attachments

• 41201B38-583D-4026-A23B-DC3FA1CD9C79.jpeg
    41201B38-583D-4026-A23B-DC3FA1CD9C79.jpeg
    856.8 KB · Views: 108
I finally replaced my charcoal grill today. The charcoal pan in the old grill was falling apart. You had to be careful where you put the coals, they’d fall right through. These are some wings that I thought I’d try the same marinade recipe as my currently drying beef jerky. Good bbq flavor!

Those wings are looking good! Now I'm thinking chicken for supper.

It’s the first time I grilled anything in about 3 years. My youngest son always grabs the spatula from me!

Got a recipe for them delicious looking bbq wings Jeff?

I do, but it’s the same marinade as my jerky. If I ever get laid off (again) from my current employer, I’d like to make a living selling jerky. So the recipes remain with me ;)

Larry has a great video on smoked pork belly

I salivate when watching it...
You should try making it. It’s very easy. You only need to flip it (callled overhauling) every other day, not twice a day. You don’t need a smoker. Use your oven to cook it if that’s what you have. Definitely try it once it’s done cooking! It’s amazing.

Just finished the last of my first stab at it Saturday. Need to do a couple of revisions to the process, but it was still over the top.

Back