What are you drinking right now?

image.jpg
image.jpg
On my final visit to lhbs Windsor, I’m saying goodbye to a friend while drinking this. I can only hope to find a shop in Eugene as friendly and helpful as this one. Oh, and their beer selection!

View attachment 21780 View attachment 21781 On my final visit to lhbs Windsor, I’m saying goodbye to a friend while drinking this. I can only hope to find a shop in Eugene as friendly and helpful as this one. Oh, and their beer selection!
if you like wheat beer, check out widmer hefe, if you havent already. one of my favorites. cant get it here in MO

View attachment 21780 View attachment 21781 On my final visit to lhbs Windsor, I’m saying goodbye to a friend while drinking this. I can only hope to find a shop in Eugene as friendly and helpful as this one. Oh, and their beer selection!
Weihenstephaner is one of my faves. Good drop that. Good luck with your move. Always some things you'll miss about where you've lived a long time, but always some new things you'll enjoy in the new place too.

Weihenstephaner is one of my faves. Good drop that. Good luck with your move. Always some things you'll miss about where you've lived a long time, but always some new things you'll enjoy in the new place too.
A very good beer indeed!
Thanks for wishing me well.

Just remembered that I had to open the keg during transfer because of a tangled dip tube, so loss of hoppiness and off flavor is most likely due to oxidation. Mystery solved
Amen I'm amazed how quick the hop aroma has fadded back on the herms wheat sunfire.
You all saw how hazy it went well with the haze has gone the up front aroma. Yeah if i swirl it I'll release some of that aroma but it's not bursting forth out of the glass.

Next time I do this I'm thinking of putting the hops in that cylinder into the keg I'll be purging.
I'll do this once fermentation has been underway a day to avoid oxidising the hops then when I transfer into the keg the hops will already be in there :).
Sound like a good plan?

Amen I'm amazed how quick the hop aroma has fadded back on the herms wheat sunfire.
You all saw how hazy it went well with the haze has gone the up front aroma. Yeah if i swirl it I'll release some of that aroma but it's not bursting forth out of the glass.

Next time I do this I'm thinking of putting the hops in that cylinder into the keg I'll be purging.
I'll do this once fermentation has been underway a day to avoid oxidising the hops then when I transfer into the keg the hops will already be in there :).
Sound like a good plan?
That's what I do. I leave 2 quarts of sanitizer in the bottom, suspend the hop tube above the liquid, then fill with CO2, purge out the air a few times, and push out the small bit of sanitizer with CO2. Then closed transfer from fermenting keg to serving keg that has hops ready to go and is purged with CO2.

It didn't work last time because I dry hopped at high krausen and the floating dip tube got stuck on the hop tube. Won't be doing that again...

That's what I do. I leave 2 quarts of sanitizer in the bottom, suspend the hop tube above the liquid, then fill with CO2, purge out the air a few times, and push out the small bit of sanitizer with CO2. Then closed transfer from fermenting keg to serving keg that has hops ready to go and is purged with CO2.

It didn't work last time because I dry hopped at high krausen and the floating dip tube got stuck on the hop tube. Won't be doing that again...
Sweet will give this a crack next time.
Yeah I use fermentation gas to purge recieving keg.
I used to do the fill with SMB thing but just send the gas through these days.

Sweet will give this a crack next time.
Yeah I use fermentation gas to purge recieving keg.
I used to do the fill with SMB thing but just send the gas through these days.
Nice. Capturing and recycling CO2 is a neat idea

Back