What's your next brew

I'm thinking a pilsner style beer to get an idea of this other kviek yeast in got recently called Skare it's supposed to be "lager Like"
I'm thinking an early bittering addition and let the malt and yeast do the talking:rolleyes:

I'm thinking a pilsner style beer to get an idea of this other kviek yeast in got recently called Skare it's supposed to be "lager Like"
I'm thinking an early bittering addition and let the malt and yeast do the talking:rolleyes:
I'm making my German lagers, unless "hop character" is mentioned in the description, using only 60-minute boil additions. Made the best Helles I've made using that method.

Tomorrow is brewing day for my first ESB with British ingredients. I’m using Imperial Pub yeast. Here it is on the plate. Very odd how it is separating from the wort and clumping together. Has anyone ever seen this happen?
upload_2020-3-17_6-55-2.jpeg

The yeast in that starter definitely look weird. Good idea to call them.

Tomorrow is brewing day for my first ESB with British ingredients. I’m using Imperial Pub yeast. Here it is on the plate. Very odd how it is separating from the wort and clumping together. Has anyone ever seen this happen?
View attachment 9046
Yep wlp007 dry English Ale yeast I brewed with it for a bit last year and it would do similar to what you saw there big coagulated chunks turn the stir bar off and it all just sinks like a stone.

Was going to do my Kentucky Common but now that the Derby will be in September, have to rethink. Maybe consume some of the grains I have in the basement. Inventory time....

Black IPA, last batch was a dumper
Wednesday AM, all set to go!
Grains milled, water measured, strike water treated, hops all measured up, propane tank full, we have a full tank of gas, a half pack of cigarettes, and we're on a mission from...
Ok if you get the reference, you're old like me, and you're most likely Canadian

Grains milled, water measured, strike water treated, hops all measured up, propane tank full, we have a full tank of gas, a half pack of cigarettes, and we're on a mission from...
Ok if you get the reference, you're old like me, and you're most likely Canadian
Time for resurrection good name for the beer resurrection black ipa :)

I'm certainly keen for the resurrection (well at least of hoppy black beers of all types).

I got the reference, but theres also shades of the intro to fear and loathing.
Not that you need all that for the brew, but once you get locked into a serious beer collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

View attachment 9046

I've seen several British strains flocculate on the stir plate. Kind of like the back seat at the drive-in movies back in the day :)

I haven't brewed a Pale ale in a while and for good reason my current brews are fantastic but time to try another, how about a Hop Head pale ale

Attachments

• Ozarks Hop Head_04.01.2020.pdf
    106.9 KB · Views: 70
I haven't brewed a Pale ale in a while and for good reason my current brews are fantastic but time to try another, how about a Hop Head pale ale
Looks like a nice recipe. Just don't tell the Style Police your IBU's. ;)

Next in line here is a Pale Ale with 80% 2-row Pale and 20% Bonlander Munich, bittered with Centennial and then 2 ounces of Cascade at 10 and at 1, fermented with Mangrove Jack's Liberty Bell. Looking for an OG of 1.051 and 42 IBUs. Should weigh in at about 5.2% ABV. Hoping to brew it around the middle of next week. After that I've got a boat load of pale ales planned.to get me well into the Summer.

Next in line here is a Pale Ale with 80% 2-row Pale and 20% Bonlander Munich, bittered with Centennial and then 2 ounces of Cascade at 10 and at 1, fermented with Mangrove Jack's Liberty Bell. Looking for an OG of 1.051 and 42 IBUs. Should weigh in at about 5.2% ABV. Hoping to brew it around the middle of next week. After that I've got a boat load of pale ales planned.to get me well into the Summer.
Sounds good. I like that hop combination. My Warrior pale ale is gone. It was tasty except for the heavy handed crystal addition. Since Warrior is a clean bittering hop it needs lots of late/WP/DH to shine. I’m moving to Magnum for bittering, so have plenty Warrior to play with.

Next up is a Juicy IPA. Happy Birthday 357.:)

Back