What's your next brew

I've moved more to Pale Ales lately, and still favoring the C hops. Thinking maybe the Warrior would compliment them like Crystal or Perle does. Also, will be trying, maybe all by their lonesome, in Cream Ales and Blondes. Will still use the Warrior when I want a clean bittering hop.
And, speaking of Magnum, I've got an unopened pound in the freezer (2016 crop) than I need to use. Need to go into my data and downgrade the AA% in older hops too.
Thanks for the birthday wishes. Hope you and Lisa are staying safe and well.

Thanks Ben. That's a ghostly emoji :)
Haa too true i think there has been a request for some more Emoji s a cheers one a pissed as a parrot one would be good and maybe a grossed out disgusted one would be good too haa!

My next brew btw is going to be another hoppy blond this time ive got some vic secret some mosaic and im sure there is some simcoe stashed away in freezer. Thats a mostly ale grist with about a 10% splash of oats then whirlpool and DH. Maybe this time ill bio hop at transfer of hornindal Kviek bring it down after primary to 20 then do second DH and keg. Ill let ya know;).

Good emoji choices. Maybe add one nodding out and one for grumpy mornings.

Looks like I'll be doing an unscheduled batch of my "Blonde on Blonde", gave some to a few of my buddies...it's been carbed up about 2 weeks, there's only 4 bottles left downstairs...I may be onto something here.

Well I may have to do a blonde............:p:p

post me ur best recipes please.

My keg of blond kicked two days back buuttttt i do have my next version chilled and ready for transfer.

My next brew im thinking of doing a double decoction pilsner based beer.

I haven't decocted a beer for over a year or two and i want to put it to bed (if i dont taste any benefits ):confused:

First time for a blonde for me. We drink IPAs for the most part. I want this light, dry and hoppy with a little sweetness. Thinking 80.7% pale 2-row, 7% honey malt, 3.5% white wheat malt and 8.8% corn sugar. Hops will be a little of each Cascade, Citra, Loral and Magnum for bittering. Should give me 5% with 26 IBUs. Wish me luck. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Transferring my Munich Pale Ale to the fermenter and will be mashing in for the Hop Jack Pale Ale in about 30 minutes. Even with all the dinking around trying to recirculate during the mash I beat OG target by a point. Also, the last 15 minutes the recirculation worked with a good flow.

First time for a blonde for me. We drink IPAs for the most part. I want this light, dry and hoppy with a little sweetness. Thinking 80.7% pale 2-row, 7% honey malt, 3.5% white wheat malt and 8.8% corn sugar. Hops will be a little of each Cascade, Citra, Loral and Magnum for bittering. Should give me 5% with 26 IBUs. Wish me luck. Any thoughts?
Looks the goods just make sure the yeast attenuate well im guessing thats where the sugar comes in to lighten the body.
It looks pretty tasty to me there group W.
All i know is its a basic grist beer i look forward to the results

My only though is......I think I’ll try to brew this!

Back