Whiskey, Bourbon, and Other Fine Spirits!

What do ya think of that wheat-head TW?
I think it's pretty tasty! Really sweet up front but packs a nice burn going down. Especially for a 45% wheater! I'd take it over Maker's seeing as how it's the same price here. $24

Last edited:
I think it's pretty tasty! Really sweet up front but packs a nice burn going down. Especially for a 45% wheater! I'd take it over Maker's seeing as how since it's the same price here. $24
Nice. Makers gets overbearing if you sample it too often. I will look for that one and give it a try. Especially now that I’m off the rye kick lately.

Nice. Makers gets overbearing if you sample it too often. I will look for that one and give it a try. Especially now that I’m off the rye kick lately.
I usually go for Maker's 46 anymore for a bit more umph

Little guys of Bulliet were on sale so I obliged:D
IMG_20200117_184943.jpg

Don at the beach!
This is one smooth tequila, nice for sipping, and nice for tossing one or two back when you are on vaca!
20200213_151350.jpg

Uh oh...somebody better check on Craigerrr

Little taste test tonight, brought home the DonJulio 70 from Mexico last week. My lovely freind came for din tonight, and brought the Jose Cuervo Reserva de la familia. The 70 is exceptional, but the Family Reserve is at another level. I liken it to a Speyside, or a Lowland Scotch, it is robust, and has lots of character.
20200222_200355.jpg

Little taste test tonight, brought home the DonJulio 70 from Mexico last week. My lovely freind came for din tonight, and brought the Jose Cuervo Reserva de la familia. The 70 is exceptional, but the Family Reserve is at another level. I liken it to a Speyside, or a Lowland Scotch, it is robust, and has lots of character.
View attachment 8861
Man, I'd love to put my lips to that Cuervo!

Okay, so, I do like me some JD!
A fine, fine whiskey...
If you don't already know, I am a single malt guy, and have an 18-20 bottle Scotch collection. I have been intrigued by the Bourbons that have been posted here, and decided to add one to the collection. Ladies and gentlemen, please, a warm welcome to the collection for Buffalo Trace. A fine addition to Craigerrr's shelf. Not overly sweet, sweeter than JD, but not as sweet as a Canadian whiskey. The sweetness though is very nicely offset by a very pungent flavor, and a tremendous flavor character. Well done Franklin County, Kentucky!
20200304_210318.jpg

20200304_210428.jpg

20200304_210521.jpg

20200304_210558.jpg

20200304_210607.jpg

Okay, so, I do like me some JD!
A fine, fine whiskey...
If you don't already know, I am a single malt guy, and have an 18-20 bottle Scotch collection. I have been intrigued by the Bourbons that have been posted here, and decided to add one to the collection. Ladies and gentlemen, please, a warm welcome to the collection for Buffalo Trace. A fine addition to Craigerrr's shelf. Not overly sweet, sweeter than JD, but not as sweet as a Canadian whiskey. The sweetness though is very nicely offset by a very pungent flavor, and a tremendous flavor character. Well done Franklin County, Kentucky!
View attachment 8944
View attachment 8945
View attachment 8946
View attachment 8947
View attachment 8948
Love it. I've always got a bottle of it here. Always. I'm guessing you pay way more for it there though. I've heard Canadian prices are much higher and American whiskeys that we take for granted can be hard to come by or just way to $$.

Back