What did you get delivered today

Got that PWM today! Looks like a Chinese spin off. I didnt 100% catch this before I clicked buy button:rolleyes:.

20191202_154720.jpg

Spin off Left, Branded Right.
Little smaller and looks like can recieve different plug type is that UK?
20191202_160549.jpg

Gave it a quick test on kettle.
So this one cuts out completely below 30% on dial. I'm guessing dial doesnt give true representation of what's displayed. I brought water to boil and dialed it back using controler so that's all I want is to be able to reduce current to the element.
20191202_160930.jpg

One more thing I noticed is when load isnt plugged in the voltage display is definitely not a true representation of what output =.
60% of 240v isnt 213v.
Lastly its noisy I hope this unit will last the distance.

Anyhow were back in business i recon thisll solve me wort scotch problems.
In theory I'm turning my high density Watt elements into low watt density elements at the turn of the dile.
Yes it's not going to be as good as ULWD elements but I'm sure as S&$#t that itll get me to where I want to be with sticky grists.

Got that PWM today! Looks like a Chinese spin off. I didnt 100% catch this before I clicked buy button:rolleyes:.

View attachment 8088
Spin off Left, Branded Right.
Little smaller and looks like can recieve different plug type is that UK?
View attachment 8089
Gave it a quick test on kettle.
So this one cuts out completely below 30% on dial. I'm guessing dial doesnt give true representation of what's displayed. I brought water to boil and dialed it back using controler so that's all I want is to be able to reduce current to the element.
View attachment 8090
One more thing I noticed is when load isnt plugged in the voltage display is definitely not a true representation of what output =.
60% of 240v isnt 213v.
Lastly its noisy I hope this unit will last the distance.

Anyhow were back in business i recon thisll solve me wort scotch problems.
In theory I'm turning my high density Watt elements into low watt density elements at the turn of the dile.
Yes it's not going to be as good as ULWD elements but I'm sure as S&$#t that itll get me to where I want to be with sticky grists.

We live and learn:) Hope it does the job for you.

Last edited:
Cool!
My wrap around heater just died on my last batch. I actually threw one of those little cube heaters in my ferm chamber, it also works like a charm, and is very convenient compared to the wrap around unit.

Glad my fermentation fridge is in the office now. Never gets below 69 to 70F in there, so no need for a heat source. Still got the Ranco dual temp controller on it, so if the need ever arises, it's ready to heat. It's amazing how little heat you really need in a fridge or freezer. When I had the old 21 cf fridge out in the shed I found that a 40 watt appliance bulb would maintain 70F even when ambient temps dropped to near zero.

That sucks! I don't understand why some sellers ship in those cheapo Chinese boxes without using an outer box for protection, especially on a high dollar item.
It does kinda suck and even though it is double boxed and packed fairly well, I think it could be a bit better. Unfortunately, it was struck just right in that spot which was probably the worst spot possible. Had it happened just about anywhere else it would have been fine. I will say even though it was damaged, I was very impressed with the overall build quality. Super solid. I know that sounds odd seeing the damage, but it does seem like a good quality product.
IMG_20191206_182105.jpg
IMG_20191206_182058.jpg

Through both boxes. And Bam! Hit the pump just right.
IMG_20191206_181944.jpg

I recon that grainfather is damaged due to poor shipping and handling come on postie dont just throw it in there lol!

I've worked as a yard hand in trucking depot for short stint sometimes the caliber of the men working there is pretty much dont give a f#$cm...

Yeah... I think placing a “Fragile” sticker on the package is actually a target for kicking

Back